Pineapple Orange Pound Cake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pineapple Orange Pound Cake

So I bought a Duncan Hines Pineapple Cake mix - no clue why?!?

I googled and found this recipe on the Duncan Hines site. It's in the oven right now.

PINEAPPLE ORANGE POUND CAKE

1 pkg. Duncan Hines® Moist Deluxe® Pineapple Supreme Cake Mix
    1 (3.5 oz) pkg vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
    4 large eggs
    1-1/4 cups orange juice, divided
    1/3 cup vegetable oil
    1 Tblsp. grated orange peel (I omitted this)
    1/3 cup granulated sugar

Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 10-inch Bundt pan.
    Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, 1 cup orange juice, oil and orange peel in large bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan.
    Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool 25 minutes in pan. Invert onto serving plate. Combine sugar and 1/4 cup orange juice in small saucepan. Simmer 3 minutes. Brush warm glaze on cake.

Recipe from Duncan Hines.
    Last edited by Pat B; 05-28-2012, 08:05 AM.
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

That sounds good but I would use the orange peel. Love the flavor. Probably won't be making it as we get only about three Duncan Hines cake mixes here. I bought a yellow mix a couple of days ago as I want to make the Sock-it to Me cake. Got to craving one and haven't had it in years, I was surprised to see the recipe is still on the box. I think I first heard of it in the late 60s.

Just checked out that link. My! They do have some tasty looking cakes for me to try.
    Last edited by BarbCA; 05-28-2012, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Sock it to me cake??
      I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
      Phillipians 4:13

Comment

Spring - you can see a picture of the Sock It To Me cake and find the recipe here.
        The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Oh dear, Pat, you are killing me. I cannot eat cake! But I will be making this for church Sunday, for sure. I love pineapple and orange together. Did you use fresh, frozen, bottled OJ?

Barb, the SockItToMe showed up here in the early 70's. OMG! People were cranking this cake out like crazy. I think after about 10 years we all finally got sick of it, as I never see or hear of them anymore.

spring, if you like cinnamon, you'll like this cake. It has a beautiful, silky texture.
          Last edited by ladyebug; 05-29-2012, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Elaine - I only buy the "Simply Orange" brand of OJ - it's so good!

I'm waiting on cake mixes to go BOGO free and then I'll stock up again and make the Sock It To Me cake. Haven't made it in years!

Comment

If you use white frosting and coconut on the cake, it would be extra special.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
              X