My Project Today - by JoG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Project Today - by JoG

It's a start. Not as easy as it looks, especially with stiff hands and sore back. But will finish it.
    > Cake is not chocolate...its a jam cake (raspberry, blackberry, & pomegranate).

Very cute! Good job, Jo!
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

what a fun treat at a kids party or to take as a school room treat...

Good Job. Jo.
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Thanks.
        The jam cake recipe makes 34 medium cupcakes. My aunt gave my mom the recipe many years ago, in lieu of fruit cake.
        I will post it if anyone wants it. And add notes to it.

These cupcakes, though, I found a couple of things that weren't in the recipe, so the characters would stand more easily and for decoration...
        (1) Frost the cupcakes a little thicker than usual.
        (2) Before setting the characters on, frost their bottoms good, then push it into the cupcake frosting. Slight smoothing might be in order, but less so than non-frosted characters.
        (3) The minions' eyeglasses. Put a little glob of the black frosting (I bought the color tubes) right where you will place the eyes. Push the eyes into it, and it will form the frame. My first two I tried outlining the eyes, and they look like they were in a fight. Then finish the glasses with the ear piece.
        (4) You get 2 minions from 1 Twinkie, so you put faces on both ends, then cut the Twinkie in half and frost the bottoms before putting it in place.

I did this for E. I still have to make some "mice" he thought were cool.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Love this! Big effort, Jo!

Comment

Working...
          X