The spaghetti recipe, please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The spaghetti recipe, please?

I would like to try a new recipe....but can't find it in the archives.
    Thanks!

Which spaghetti recipe?
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Maye mentioned it in her post: "the one Kellie posted some years ago, it was included in a WalMart cookbook.

Comment

I am looking for something that cooks on the stovetop and makes your house smell wonderful and the neighbors drool!

Comment

Found it!

Kellie's Spaghetti Casserole

8 oz. dried spaghetti
          1/2 lb. ground beef
          1/2 cup chopped onion
          1 can sliced mushrooms
          1 14 1/2 oz. can diced tomatoes
          1 10 3/4 oz. can condensed tomato soup
          1/2 tsp. black pepper
          1/2 tsp. garlic powder
          2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8o z.)
          4 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled.

Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain and set aside.

In a large skillet, cook and stir ground beef, onion, and mushrooms until beef is brown; drain off fat. Stir in undrained tomatoes, tomato soup, black pepper and garlic powder. Bring just to boiling. Add 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese, stirring until melted.

Grease a 2-quart casserole; set aside. Add spaghetti and bacon to tomato mixture, tossing to combine. Transfer mixture to prepared casserole. Cover; bake in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
          The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Oh, thanks, Pat and Kelli!

Comment

Cook the bacon in the pan, first --- the bacon can be draining on paper towels while you brown the meat.
              The meat and onion can be cooked in the bacon grease for extra flavor.
              Oh...and I've switched from plain tomato soup to the Tomato Basil. I use the Progresso brand.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
              X