September ~ Meals & Menus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September ~ Meals & Menus

Last edited by ladyebug; 09-01-2014, 11:53 PM.

We had pork strips, sauerkraut with onions, and mashed potato.
    No dessert.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

WE have finally eaten al the pulled pork we want and I froze the rest of it...You meal, Jo, sounds good! I need to look her for ideas!

Comment

One thing you can do with the pulled pork (BBQ?).....
        Get a can of buttermilk biscuits, and roll out each one out into a larger circle. Wet the edge of the circle with water. The pork will probably seem drier once it's thawed out, so brush the center of the rolled out biscuit with catsup, mustard, or spaghetti sauce. Put a spoonful of the pork on 1/2 the circle ----add a cheese cube for a nice surprise if you want to --- fold over the biscuit and press the edges together gently so the filling doesn't fall out. Lightly press the edge with the tines of a fork so it will stay closed during baking. Prick the top of each with a fork so steam will escape. Bake as directed on the biscuit package, til browned.

I either use spray Pam (lightly) on the baking sheet, or (preferably) parchment with no spray.

These make a nice snack or lunch, with a side of cole slaw or bean salad.
        I also like a baked potato salad or macaroni salad with something like this.
        You could use Grands biscuits for adult fare, but I like the regular biscuits.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Today i found a beef/tomato/mushroom/onion mixture in the fridge...i was looking for the shredded BBQ chicken, but the beef smelled a lot like sloppy joes. I had Grands honey-butter biscuits as well. I put them together and made beef turnovers. It was really yummy.
          We had 3-bean salad on the side. Double-yummy.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
          X