the New Year slid in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the New Year slid in

and it is 2016... and time to check over that pile of books I have setting around..

finished off some I have bought last summer... but ordered 4 more from Better World Books.. plus went to my online Libraries for e books and downloaded 3 more. plus a real book requested from the local library.. I figure with Davids upcoming surgery and recuperating we will be spending a lot of time in the house... .
    I found a couple of C.S. Harris books . the four new book have authors that are all strangers to me.... Marjorie Eccles,, Lian Pear,, Elizabeth ironside
    and Stephanie Barron.. plus a Charles Finch book The laws of murder.....

always hoping to find a new ,talented writer ... right now I am reading a Tasha Alexander book.. good story.. but the writing is so stiff and stilted ..going to be tough reading .. or maybe it will get the three chapter and out..

so what you all reading.?
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

I've been reading a lot of free books on the Kindle. Mostly light, cozy type mysteries. None of the titles are jumping into my brain right now.

Comment

I've also been reading free books on the Kindle. Light reading. Mysteries or Amish stories. Nothing spectacular, just time killers.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I have read more books in the last month than I have read in 6 months!

Most are books we have read in Book Club: *A Gathering of Angels by Katherine Valentine, Angels in My Hair by ?, *The Christmas List by Richard Evans, *Mistletoe Inn by ?, *The Christmas Train by?. I am beginning to read The Holy Year of Mercy by Pope Francis and When the Well Runs Dry by ?

I have all of these on my Kindle app and several of the are also on Audible and I have them read to me. The ones marked with * I loved!!!

"God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Just read and skimmed and was glad to be rid of The Christmas Kid by Michael Allin (i not e). YUCK. Definitely not worth reading.

Comment

and so January slid by ,,,I do keep record of book I read and see I did a lot of reading ...and a few "skims".... I don't have time to read,finish books that are boring or dumb.. ,to me.
            My sister like the books that read to you.... I don't,, they read all the boring parts.. LOL LOL.

will start Feb now.
            Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
            X