My Orange Tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Orange Tree

My Orange tree was just full of blooms this spring and it was a heavenly fragrance when I was out there working in the yard. Can you imagine how fragrant that tree will be after it gets some growth on it. Wow!

The amazing thing about it is that there are little oranges the size of your small fingernail on it. I'm serious. They are miniscule and cute. I cannot wait to reap the rewards when it gets a few years old.

I trimmed out around it today and watered it good. I have been watering every day, but I started watering every other day now to conserve. The garden has gotten established and it will survive.

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Its cool to be where you can have that sort of thing, but I couldn't deal with the wild life down there. Too many reptiles and fire aunts!
    Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

JoS, you totally could live down here and be wonderfully happy. The fire ants are easily taken care of with cheap dishwashing liquid. Just pour it down the hole. We don't see too much wildlife, but I limit myself to my own yard and neighborhood. If you go on the trails and nature places you'll definitely see plenty.

You and your hubby could retire down here and live pretty inexpensive. The utilities are very low. Check it out. www.pinerunestates.com
      "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Looks great! He's not going to be retirement age for a while....He's just 56...I'm 61. Anyway, we're not sure he'll ever be able to retire..depends on the economy. I would love to leave winter in my past!
        Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

Working...
        X