Are you a Birder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you a Birder?

Just wonder how many of you are into birding. I love spotting the birds. I'm not into the audubon societ or anything...just love watching birds. I usually feed them during the winter months. We have many eagles site-ings locally. As a matter of fact, there's one flying around our place all the time...just haven't seen the nest yet.
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
    Phillipians 4:13

No. But last evening while Lola was doing her thing I was looking at a flock of blackbirds almost over me. The back of the flock was to the N and a bit W. As I looked to the north there was a corridor of black spots as far as I could see. Perhaps ten minutes later the line of birds was perhaps not as dense but still there as far as I could see to the north and south.

The weather man has been talking of some colder weather for about Monday. Perhaps the birds had been watching the TV weather and had decided not to experience it if they could outfly it.

Recently I have seen several large flocks of blackbirds of some kind feeding on the grass area between my place and the house to the north. They do not stay around long. Just time for a snack.
    "If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years there would be a shortage of sand."
    Milton Friedman, economist:

Comment

I feed the hummingbirds. Have a feeder going that I can watch the birds coming and going while playing on the 'puter.
      Growing older is a privilege denied to many.

Comment

At my feeder, I have cardinals, morning doves, red headed woodpecker, chickadees, tit-mouse, oreo, blue jays and mocking bird.

Comment

We keep feeders all the time. I watch them, but don't go on birding trips or anything. Last year saw an oriole 2 different times. They are pretty rare around here. Love watching them!
          Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

I'm not a birder, although I love seeing them around. Soon as our new trees grow enough to produce shade, I will put some feeders out again. Can you imagine those delicate hummers drinking from a container too hot to touch?
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

If you like hummingbirds, check out this live hummingbird cam. She lays eggs several times a year so you can watch the babies grow.

Here's the Florida Eagle cam which has baby eagles already. Not sure how well things are working for the Decorah, Iowa Eagle Cam this year - those eagles have built a new nest.

Comment

Love the birds and have kept a record of sightings for many years. I've been here so long I haven't seen anything new for a long time. As much as I would like to feed the birds again, I don't because I have three outdoor cats. Cats think bird feeders are bait.
                Dick used to keep a shelf next to the kitchen window and kept it full of sunflower seeds. The titmice love sunflower seeds.
                Right now we have flocks of robins, Rufous Towhees, Flickers, mocking birds, hermit thrushes and the ones that are year round; blue jays, titmice,nuthatches, and brown towhees. A short time ago a flock of Cedar Wax Wings was working the berries on the Red Cedars. They are so beautiful. I wish they stayed longer. I also saw a Stellar's Jay recently although since it has warmed up a bit the must have headed home.

Comment

Good News...my grandson spotted robins in our area this past week. WoooHooo....Spring is closer than I thought!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X