Tattered Angel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tattered Angel

If you know someone who collects angels you'll definitely want to make one of these angels to add to their collection.

You'll need the huge coffee filters like the ones they use at Starbucks, but you could get them from any large restaurant if you recycle the coffee grinds. They don't mind you taking them.

List: used coffee filters washed and dried, hot glue gun, paper towel roll, a ball of wadded up paper, moss for hair.

Roll the paper up into a ball or egg shape and stuff it into one end of the paper towel roll just until it's secure. The part that sticks up needs to be an egg shape so squish it until you get it shaped.

Take one coffee filter, fold in half and sew down the middle and scrunch it like you're gathering it. This is the wings. Lay this aside.

Take another 2 coffee filters and sew them together near the side. This will be like 2 inches, and then trim the seam to 1/2 inch. Now sew the other two sides in the same way and trim that seam. This is the skirt for the angel.

With the right side facing out hot glue the skirt to the paper towel near the top of the paper towel roll. Just gather around as you go glueing a small portion at a time. Now stretch a piece of coffee filter over the head/face part and glue it in the back of the head. This is then covered with a piece of moss for hair.

Glue the wings to the back in that middle part that you sewed. Now she has her skirt, head, hair, and wings. If you want to add a petticoat, arms and a collar it's up to you. This is meant to be a tattered angel without a face, but if you want to make a face you certainly could do it.

I made one for my friend who works in the Core Lab at work and she loved it. She collects angels. One of her coworkers heard us talking about the angel and she wants to learn how to make them so I'm taking her one this coming weekend.

You would be surprised how something so simple could make people happy.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh
Working...
X