Victorian Salt Clay Dough Icicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victorian Salt Clay Dough Icicles

Let's make some salt clay icicles. These can be used for tree decorations, gifting to friends, family, teachers, and for designs around the house.

What you'll need:
    1. 2 cups salt
    2. 2/3 cup water
    3. 1 cup cornstarch
    4. 1/2 cup cold water
    5. paper clips or ornament hooks
    Mix the salt and 2/3 C. water together in saucepan. Stir constantly over low heat for about 4 minutes. Do not boil. Remove from heat.

Quickly mix 1 C. cornstarch with 1/2 C. cold water and add to heated mixture. Knead the salt clay dough on a flat surface until smooth. Form icicles by rolling between fingers and put the hook in the tops.

Let the icicles dry at room temp for 2 days or put in a 350° oven on a wire rack. Turn OFF oven. Leave in ONLY until the oven cools off. *Do not bake.*

Victorian Clay can also be rolled like cookie dough and cut with a cookie cutter.

Storage: Roll in tissue paper and place in an airtight freezer bag and place in a box. These will last for many years. Who do you know who'd love a gift of these?
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Hi peeps. I made the Salt Dough icicles and they turned out fab. It took about an hour and that included the clean-up work. I didn't have ornament hangers so I used a soda straw to punch a hole in the top for hanging with fishing line or filament line. They are going to look great on the tree and I'm letting mine air-dry so I'll let you know in a couple of days if it was a success. I love them already.zde..gif
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Wish I had a Christmas tree to hang these one.

Thanks, karlin.

Comment

Working...
      X