Karlin, need your recipe ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karlin, need your recipe ..

Could you please post your cinnamon dough ornament receipe. I've lost mine...got a different one online , but was not pleased with it.
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
    Phillipians 4:13

Hey spring. Glad to oblige. This is easy, breezy. Before you start assemble all utensils. You will need: cookie sheets or flat pans, cookie cutters or a small knife to cut your designs, a soda straw or two, lots of cinnamon, (cheap kind from Dollar Store) applesauce, (plain), rolling pin, flat spatula, tablespoon and a medium bowl.
    Lay out your cookie sheets and cover with parchment paper if you want. I don't. Open your cinnamon and pour entire contents into bowl. Add 3 heaping tablespoons of applesauce. Stir it with a wooden spoon until it gets to a consistency that you can pick up with your hands. Work it and knead it a bit until it gets like dough. Too wet add more cinnamon, too dry add more applesauce. Sprinkle cinnamon on your cutting board like you're making bread. Roll the dough to 1/8 inch and use the straws to make your holes for the hanger to go through later. Use the spatula to transfer cookies to cookie sheet. Bake at lowest oven setting for 2 hours. My oven only goes to 170 °, but you can go down to 150°. These are pretty on a jute string like a garland with scottish plaid bows in between each scottie dog. I love my little scottie dog cookie cutter best. Can you tell? Enjoy.

These smell great year after year. They make awesome gifts too. Hey, send me a pic of your finished product.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Karlin, only cinnamon and applesauce?? No salt or flour?
      I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
      Phillipians 4:13

Comment

Yes, that's it. Just 2 ingredients. I'll post this again since we are going to lose this.
        "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Working...
        X