Shark floor/rug steam cleaner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shark floor/rug steam cleaner?

Does anyone know if this is actually a good item? Costco has them on sale for $99.
    I've never used this brand of anything.
    I'm debating about whether to buy it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Jo, the first thing I do is look for reviews online of anything I want to buy.

Then I check bizrate or nextag for prices. http://www.bizrate.com/floor-cleaners/2349407036.html

I have no personal knowledge of this mop, but I can tell you that I wouldn't be without a steam mop. I have used one now for about 5 years and my floor is cleaner and brighter than it ever was using soap.

Comment

Thanks, LB... I did further research and found that Shark is probably not the best or most reliable one. The best does not include doing carpeting. Eureka sounds like the best deal, and is even less expensive.
      Is that the brand you bought?
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

No, Jo. I bought the Euroflex Monster.

I must tell you that I love it - I have linoleum.

Donna bought one and did not care for it.

What kind of floor do you have?

Comment

I have Linoleum, too.
          I looked it up. The Euroflex Monster sounds perfect. It would have to be better than the Shark just by its difference in design.

Shark also has a Euro-something, but the steamer design is no improvement over the simpler machine. And is more expensive. Costco has the simpler design. But so far I'm leaning toward your machine. Thank you.
          Last edited by JoGee; 11-12-2012, 04:50 PM.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

My review on the Shark would not be good. I am sorry I bought it....seems like a waste to me. It may disinfect the floor...but does not clean it...at least not to suit me. I can run a moist paper towel or a cloth over the floor after using the Shark...and still get a dirt. Have gone over it twice .. still no difference. GD Angie told me... she sprays the floor with cleaning solution then uses the Shark and gets a better result. I too have linoleum flooring.
            Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

Comment

Thanks, Schmitty.
              I already have a scrubber/vac, and am not satisfied with it. I also use the spray bottle with it, and it still isn't good enough.
              I think I will check with the Consumer's Reports people and see what they have to say.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
              X