Pine Straw Mulch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pine Straw Mulch

Hi Rounders. I went down the street and picked up a large bag of pine straw today and placed it around my plants in the front beds. It looks so good and I know it will add some protection from the harsh wind that whips around that side of the house. And it's free, free, free. Love that.

I'm off to make French Onion Soup for our light dinner since we ate out today.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

When you say pine straw would that be pine needles?

Comment

Yes, that is pine needles Nalani. That is what I mulch with and so do a lot of people here in South Carolina. They are so perfect because they are clean, do not harbor termites or bugs, and they are free. You can buy them by the bale here for $6, but I just pick them up off the curb when folks rake them. What can I say, I'm a nature lover. I quit using the bark mulch when I found out that it harbors termites.
      "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

I used some from my front yard last year to cover some plants. I'll rake up the needles again and use them again this year.

Comment

I wish you could buy it around here. We do have pine trees in this area, but everything is on private property and I've never seen anyone rake them like leaves. You can't hardly hunt mushrooms around here any more because everything is posted.
          Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

Working...
          X