Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealing with Pests

Somebody sent this to me. Just thought I'd share. Hope these really work:

Newspaper repels moths. This is most helpful when storing rugs, too.

If stung by a bee, apply a slice of onion to the spot and hold it there for a minute or two.

If rabbit or other small animals are eating your plants and flowers, just sprinkle some red pepper on the plants as a deterrent.

Sponge vinegar on your kitchen counters and in cupboards, and the ants will stay away.

When Mosquitos bother you, gently rub a fabric softener sheet on your skin to drive them away.

Add a mothball to dirt when planting a tree to keep insects away.

Use a thick solution of baking soda and water on a dog that has gotten too "friendly" with a skunk. Allow it to dry on the dog---the baking soda stays in the coat and keeps right on working.

To get rid of bothersome slugs, sprinkle rock salt around the base of your house.

If you have problems with dogs getting into your garbage, spray bug spray on your garbage sacks or bags. The dogs will not come near them.

Put an unwrapped stick of spearmint gum in your flour bin and that will keep the bugs out.

For ant trails in the kitchen vacuum the trail up, mostly to pick up crumbs that may have attracted them, then spray the trail with Orange Glo furniture Polish and let it dry. May need a couple applications but it works. I discoverd this in my house back in Phoenix.
    Last edited by JoGee; 10-18-2012, 05:45 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Interesting. I knew about the red pepper flakes, but on garbage not the plants. also I 've used the salt on slugs for years.The softner sheet to repel mosquitos I've heard of too, just never remember it when needed might get some spearmint gum ,and try in the flour. I've used bay leaf in mine for years.put it in cornmeal, too.

Comment

Sometimes different things work well for different people/areas I guess.
      Put some dryer sheets in a plastic bag to take along when you will be where mosquitoes are. If they're in your yard, keep another box of dryer sheets in a convenient place by that area.

I haven't seen mosquitoes in eons out west. Maybe they're up in the woods, I don't know. Likely around lakes I suppose. Places we don't go to very often.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
      X