Lawn work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawn work

I hope this is the last time I need to mow this season. You have never seen so much dust. Maybe next year the backyard will have more grass and less dust.

I gathered more Cosmo and Morning Glory seeds today. The morning glory seeds are from my friend Nightowl. She sent me a bunch of seeds last year. I know they will reseed next year and be beautiful.

My mums are blooming and I can't believe how big they are for only 1 year plants. I bought them last year at the Lowe's clearance and now they are as big as a bushel basket. Lovely.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

I have never had much luck with mums. I'm probably not doing something right, but mine always come back very "leggy" instead of nice and bushy. I think I've gathered as many seeds as I am going to this year.
    Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

Jos, you have to cut them back. After you plant them and enjoy the blooms, you cut them back almost to the ground. They like it kind of dry, but not too dry. If you get good rainfall in your area you won't ever need to water them. On the other hand, if you have an irrigation system they may get too much water. It sounds as if your problem might be the cutting back. Every time they bloom you have to cut them back. Mine have always bloomed twice a year, spring and fall. Hope this helps.
      "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

I have always loved morning glories, but they just won't grow out here in desert country.
        In any case, I have no luck with growing any kind of flowers.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
        X