No announcement yet.

For all of you who have had campers ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all of you who have had campers ..

For all of you who have had campers in the past or still have campers, what are some tips that you could share for a newby. We recently purchased a used camper and had it surviced for winter. That is drained any water out and put in a solution for winterising. We took it camping recently..only using the electric. The gas furnace and cook stove don't work. May have it taken out. So, we took an electric skillet, microwave, toaster and hot plate, for cooking. We also have a portable heater for cool nights. We are thinking...who needs the gas anyway? Is there a place where we could get a book or booklet on how to opperate or repair older campers? Ours is 1977 Yellowstone... but, it's in pretty good shape.

I think it could become a nice quiet place for reading... Thought about hooking the electric up here at home.
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
    Phillipians 4:13

Spring it can become your "hideaway" spot. with no TV...

like the guys have "man caves" ...
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Can you look up your make, model, and year on the internet? You might find information there.

Jusyt remember in the spring, after it warms up enough flush out the water system good. Nothing tastes worse then RV winterizing fluid. Bleaugh! Happened to us--only once though.

Not all places you camp will have electricity so you must have some way to cook. A camping stove would work and also if it's longer then a weekend and you can't get ice to keep in your coolers a propane fridge is good. Our fridge could work on both systems. The stove was only propane, but with the oven you could bake just about anything.

We had two during our camping years and thoroughly enjoyed them.

Comment

Good idea Maye! Loving that idea. loveit!

Nalani thanks for your suggestions...good ones. I don't like yucky water either. I hadn't thought about no electricity...yikes. Well now, I'll be purchasing a camp cookstove with propane. Thanks...we did think of coolers. Mainly for ice.
        I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
        Phillipians 4:13

Comment

Working...
        X