Spring has sprung...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring has sprung...

While you are all figuring out what to do to winter your gardens I'm deciding what to plant.

Yesterday I weeded the vegetable garden, traditionally we start planting at Labour weekend which is still another 5 weeks away, but I always weed it early to allow the next batch of weeds to start in the early Spring warm, that way I can do a quick weed before planting.

We are still getting frosts so it's still waaaay to early to plant.
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Cynders, I sure hope you have garden success this year. We had tomatoes, cukes, beans, basil, lettuce, and herbs, but the tomatoes were small. I now have fall squash blooming and not much else. It was a drought this year and has been the last 4 years. Don't plant too early 'cuz all your hard work will be in vain. Good luck.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Cynders,,, I almost have enough saved up for my plane ticket to NZ.... your summer is on the way!!!. the weather should just about be exactly right the first week of January..

what a lovely dream.....
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

I agree....we should all go winter with Cinders. We won't be snowbirds in Florida, we'll be a snow flock in New Zealand!
        Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

Can I come, too. I hate winter! Besides that all the pictures of NZ that I seen are beautiful.

Comment

Just let me know when the plane is landing so I can meet you all at the airport.

Best weather is actually once schools go back the last week in January.
            Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Jo. I'll leave here from Pittsburgh, pick you up at nearest airport in Il .. and we fly to Cal.. meet up with BArb and head out over the water.to NZ.... David won't even miss me. he will be deep into football playoffs.

anyone else want to go?... Jackie?... Donna?. ... would love to see Cynders ...would love summer anywhere.

thought you were moving Cyn?... ..
              Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

You know, I am 59 and have never been out of the mainland USA. I'd love to see some of the world and think New Zealand would be great. The only place I don't want any part of is that big old sandbox (powder caig) in the the middle east!

Comment

Jo, it always amazes me how many people from the States have never left the mainland or even have passports.

Although I often wonder if we looked at it from a population base if the answer would be similar for most countries?

I know NZ is a little different as Australia is so close and we consider it part of growing up to travel so most of us do, likewise in Europe it is very easy to cross borders in more than one country in a day. Because of the cheaper European holidays people in the UK travel a bit.

No, flag that thought, I think a large chunk of the population in the USA don't travel and I would dare say some haven't even left their home State!

Comment

I have been very lucky in life to travel all over. I feel blessed. Never got to NZ though. Had the chance when we were in Australia but we didn't take advantage of it. Have been kicking ourselves ever since.

Comment

We would LOVE to go there. I've been in Canada, Mexico, and the UK E has traveled in Europe some when stationed in Germany ... Before we met. Lots of places we'd like to go yet, but we are now very senior citizens.
                      But if time and money present themselves, perhaps......
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I know what you mean. And I am pretty much smack dab in the middle of the US. I have traveled are far as each ocean and the Gulf of Mexico but that it is. There are things in this country that I'd love to see but probably never will. This last trip to Texas showed me how badly I have slowed down. I also don't do well in mountains that are too high with my crappy lungs. I would have loved to have a job that included all kinds of travel because I loved it, but one with 3 kids and no spouse is pretty much tied to one place. Your Inn looks so lovely. Like a bed and breakfast....really would love to visit but the cost would be way too much for us to just shuck out. When you get all settled in, please take some more pictures inside of it for us!

Comment

I'm another traveler. I have been in many parts of the USA and have traveled to Mexico but have never been in Canada yet. My only trip outside North America was to Italy a few years ago.

Comment

Working...
                          X