Weight Loss! Whoopee!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight Loss! Whoopee!

OK, I have been on a plateau after losing 30 lbs.
    But I found what size I can wear. Although I went down to size 12 pants, my tops are still L-XL due to accumulation in my mid-section.

So, there is a pool at this motel. We needed swim suits!
    I used to wear W20, but I tried on a Misses size 16, and it FIT!
    I will never have the shapely middle again due to all the surgeries, but I didn't look bad at all in this suit. It does not have the baggy top (blouson) of the older suits I had.
    How happy I am!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Glad you found a perfect bathing suit. Haven't tried mine on in years. Oh yes I did last summer when we were having septic troubles and I put it on and went out in the back yard to hose off since we couldn't use our shower. I didn't have the nerve to look in the mirror though.

Comment

Congrats JoGee. You go girl! Wow! That is a bunch of weight to lose. I know you're proud of yourself. Isn't it fabulous to get into a size 16. Go JoGee, go JoGee, go JoGee.
      "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Thanks, Karlinann... I was more surprised than anything. I'd made progress "when I wasn't looking".
        I have 10 lbs to go to my goal, which will be most difficult. I am at 1000 calories a day (and comfortable with it), but the weight loss app says I need to go to 950 to lose any more. I say baloney to that. My Oncologist says to just keep doing what I'm doing, and the rest will happen eventually.

I am doubly happy with this weight loss because my doc cut down one prescription, and eliminated another, due to the weight loss.

Now, if anyone knows a cure for cellulite, please share.
        I know the cellulite lotion does not work, though.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

good Job Jo.... been trying to lose for the past 7 months... and ever so slowly it the little marker is moving down... and so has my cholesterol... I think my knees are the happiest ....

keep it up ... you are doing great!.
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Thanks, Maye.
            Slow loss is the best way, and most likely permanent way to lose.

I can relate : Your knees, and my ankles .
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

That is wonderful.... it is so important to take care of yourself and not many are perfect...the magazines show such thin and shapely models ...Good luck in loosing the rest of the weight you want too. Great job!
              "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." Thomas Edison

Comment

Thanks, Sherry.
                I don't see myself as thin, and don't particularly want to be thin. Just comfortable in my skin. I would like to be able to sit on the floor and stand up without difficulty. And mostly, I would like to reduce my medications as much as possible.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Congratulations, Jo. Keep up the good work.

I bought a blouson suit once. The inner lining of the top mashed my boobs so bad that I only wore it twice. That's what happens when you order from a catalog without trying it on.

Comment

Thanks, Barb.
                    I could find the blouson style only in a catalog, but it had the built-in bra. It was very comfortable. Unfortunately, nobody seems to carry them any more.
                    I did find a couple of long blouses with elastic in the waist, at the store. They would reach my hips, but I put the elastic at the waist for a nice blouson effect.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Jo, that's just AWESOME!! I'm really happy that you were able to lose that much weight... and find a bathing suit you were happy with.

Comment

Thank you, Judy. I have been feeling better for it, as well.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                        X