Friday, 08/03/2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, 08/03/2012

That good rain we got Monday evening has already disappeared and the topsoil is dry once again. I'll have to water again this morning. I can't afford to lose my strawberries and I gathered 4 good sized cukes from the garden yesterday, so I am seeing some gain.

I really want to pull the straggly stuff up and toss it into the compost pile, but I am restraining myself. I do want the sunflowers to ripen for the birds and I do have some green tomatoes coming. After that I'm tossing.

This year has been a triumph and a disaster. I had a wonderful spring and grew lots of lettuce and learned that I can garden in raised beds with success, but then summer hit and it's been a disaster everywhere across the nation and you have to accept that it's a drought and cool your heels. This too shall pass.

I am thankful to have a garden and yard to work in and I will do mega gardening work this winter to get my raised beds ready for next spring. I need to add compost and build up the soil. Every square inch will be utilized with no room for weeds.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

I have been watering the flowers and the backyard and we just got the water bill...oh, my! it was $358.64...that is for 3 months...I am soooooooooooo glad we have been getting rain now...I am hoping the next one isn't that big.
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." Thomas Edison

Comment

OMG Sherry. Bless!
      "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Working...
      X