Gardening this fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gardening this fall

I am going to sow my squash seeds and mustard seeds next Monday for my fall garden. That is all the seeds that I have right now.

Today I gathered 2 more big cukes from the garden and the tomatoes are still producing. It's not much, but with the heat I'm just thankful to have anything.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

I'm not even going to bother with fall planting anything...veggie or flower. Nothing is growing worth a darn here in the dust bowl. Hope you are successful! We are still getting tomatoes but that's because we decided if we could only save one thing, it would be them. They may be the reason behind my tummy troubles with all the acid they provide. I sure don't want to give them up.
    Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

Once summer is over that will be it for me and gardening--until next spring.

Comment

Our tomatoes are doing pretty good...they seem to like this hot weather. Yesterday and today we got a total of 2 inches and a threat of more storms...last night we had hail but it was quite small and didn't last long. I am really getting tired from getting up early because of the heat to water so the rain helped me out....it felt good to sleep in.
        "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." Thomas Edison

Comment

Oh how I wish we could get a good soaking rain!!! Our county, as well as several around us, have been declared a disaster area. I have seen many years that the crops weren't great in this area, but have never seen a year when nothing is producing. They were talking about how much the cost of groceries is going to go up because of our area being in this shape. Sadly, the farmers whose crops have failed (seriously affecting their income) will be paying the same high prices the rest of us pay.

How's that for being full of gloom and doom?! Sorry.
          Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

Working...
          X