Glorious rain!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glorious rain!

10 minutes, but better than nothing, I think. Maybe it'll come back later.
    Just when I got a couple trees watered, "medication" to my sick tree, and Orono on my fruit tree...the rain comes down on me. (Was Mother Nature laughing at h little trick on me?). Will run out and water the last tree for better rain absorption, in the rock hard dirt! The sun is barely peeking out right now.
    I am thankful for every little raindrop, because our section seems to get the least in the city.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Dont'cha know when I went to get the mail, a cloud slipped in andi got rained on again (another of Mother Nature's little tricks) .,,. This rain lasted 20 minutes, anyway. The percentage and humidity are up, an forecasts say rain later this evening. .

later: oops,the rain didn't stop as I'd thought...I just couldn't tell, because the front tree kept it from sight, and I couldn't see what was coming off the roof. It rained another half hour.
    It must have rained yet more while we were at the gym, but stopped before we finished. There are puddles all over the yard & street, and I imagine Lake Grace was in the backyard as well. I'll measure it in the morning on the rain gauge.

If I seem overly excited, it's because most of Tucson's rain is in central or west Tucson. We are way east.
    Last edited by JoGee; 07-20-2012, 08:39 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Rain? Congratulations. I wish some could find us.

Comment

The WWs had rain in our forecast almost all week last week. I think we got 2 fast hard downpours that lasted maybe 10 minutes each. This week they aren't even teasing us with the possibility of rain. Clear and hot all week. Humbug!
        Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

We ended up with 1" yesterday & overnight. We have rain forecasts through Wednesday..,I am sure most of them won't hit here.
          Newspaper says we can look for a rainier August than usual in the Southwest.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Wow...what a storm we had. Started about 2:30, by 3pm there was a visible measurable amount in the gauge. And 5 minutes "Lake Grace" filled the yard and sides of the house, the street was flooded.... It's 4:15 and it's coming down gently and quietly. Stormy weather predicted through the night, though we may or may not get any more. The dark clouds still fill the sky here.
            I haven't seen rain like this in ages.
            I imagine Nalani is getting the rain also.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Until last week, we hadn't had rain since before the start of July, Jo. Two decent storms moved through in less than a week and things are starting to green up again. I think we've lost most of the front yard and part of the side yard. That's going to be an expensive replacement. I will not think about that until fall.

Comment

When the rain stopped, I checked the rain gauge and it said 3" !!! We couldn't believe it.
                The rock-hard ground was soft to walk on, but still many places were puddled, and the one side of our yard was still totally flooded.
                More rain forecasted tomorrow.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

The weather certainly gone crazy almost everywhere, hasn't it, Jackie?!!!
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

And it figures, Jo, the year I finally put in new gardens (two flower, one veggie) that we end up with a drought. *rolling eyes*

Comment

Jo, we only had 1/2 inch yesterday--but I'm not complaining one bit! More expected today like you.

Jackie, you'll just have to water those two gardens by hand like Jo and I have to do most of the time.

Comment

Sometimes things just happen that way, Jackie.

Here, we just had this humungous rain in our neighborhood, and today I am reading about all the dry riverbeds in AZ and the extreme drought!
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                        X