Tick Removal..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tick Removal..

Recently learned a new way of removing ticks. Put a glob of liquid soap on a cotton ball, then apply it to the tick. Swab back and forth approx. 15-20 sec. the tick will come out and be stuck to cotton ball. Sure sounds easier than tweezers, possibly breaking off the head and leaving it in the skin.

Has anyone else got a way of removing ticks?
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
    Phillipians 4:13

spring, thank you for this great suggestion. We used to see ticks all the time. John was forever pulling them off. We even had a pair of tweezers used only for the job. This does sound better.

Chiggers, as well. We used to see them (on us) all the time. Never see them anymore. Thank the Lord.

Doctor wanted me to take Vet Ivermectin once. Said it was a lot cheaper than the human kind. But I wouldn't do it. He was right. It wasn't cheap.

Thanks for the post.

Comment

Haven't seen but one tick up here, and think it rode with the grandson from KY.

Actually since ticks "breath" through their bodies, anything that will block it's air will cause it to turn loose, have used vasoline, fingernail polish, ect. Mom used to take a match, strike it and blow it out, then touch it to the tick, the heat will kill it and when it dies it will turn loose.

Comment

I was just reading that you can swish away ticks with a stick of crazy glue.
        I guess that is much the same as applying the soap.

I also read that adding garlic to the dog's food repels ticks... The garlic gets into the dog's bloodstream. When a tick bites and tastes the garlic, it doesn't like it at all.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
        X