Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorites rose/ or rose bush?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorites rose/ or rose bush?

Was looking at a seed/tree catalog, and noticed so many different kinds of tomato's and roses.
    Was wondering what are other peoples favorites.

As for tomato..celebrity because of the taste.

As for rose bush, I have two...Crystler Imperial, because it's so fragrent & hardy...and Knock Out red roses because they are so hardy and they last forever, spring to fall.

Roses are my favorite flower. And I love most all perennials.
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
    Phillipians 4:13

I don't know the names of the ones we have. I love Tropicana with it's bright orange flowers. Angel Face is so pretty and delicate. We have planted it three times and it didn't make it.

Comment

I live in an apartment so don't have a garden or flower beds, but yellow roses are my favourite ... even buy them for myself at times.

Comment

I have several and have forgotten the names of most. I do like the knock outs because of their hardiness and need for very little care. I'm wanting some old fashioned climbing roses, but don't know from beans what to get. I'll probably waste some money and kill some roses before I find ones that work.

I have lots of perennials and then plant a few annuals among them every year. I use a lot of marigolds because they keep varmints and many bad bugs away.
        Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

I don't have roses planted, but do love to look at them. When going for a walk and someone has a rose planted near the sidewalk, I will stop and smell their fragrance.

Just last weekend, I planted 6 tomatoes. 3 of them in whiskey half-barrels and 3 in clay pots. I have such terrible clay soil, so have to plant them in Miracle-Gro or other planter mix. My tomatoes varieties are Black Plum, Sweet 100, Opalka, Lemon Boy and 2 yellow pears. They are all the heirloom varieties. I'm just hoping that they all survive.
          Growing older is a privilege denied to many.

Comment

Years ago Buddy gave me a red rose bush for Mother's day and then he planted it for me. It did beautifully until our big freeze last year and now doesn't look too good. It had beautiful red roses with vicious thorns. I guess it should be taken out but not something I can do.

I bought 2 Early Girl tomatoes yesterday and also planted them. So far they are doing really well with no wilt in this heat. I wanted the Roma as they are smallish but they were out and they had tons of the Early Girls. Have no idea how they will taste and hope they are red at least. The picture shows them red.

Comment

Kenny is wanting to get rose bushes to plant in front of the picture window. Don't know names just know what I like when I see them. Know I want a yellow one. I have a 7 sisters rose that his Mom planted. It is so pretty when it blooms but doesn't last long. There are 7 different shades of pink, thus the 7 sisters.

We will plant Best Boy or Big Boy tomatoes. When my younger brother was very small you couldn't get him to eat a tomato for anything, but we had a cherry tomato bush come up in the middle of the yard, instead of moving it we just put a cage around it and let it grow, when the tomatoes got ripe Charlie would go out and eat them right off the bush, he called it the "yum yum tree".

Comment

I have never seen a rose I didn't love, but when I had surgery in 2002, I got a dozen chocolate colored roses! They were stunning. Have not seen any since. I just love roses. They are my favorite flower - bar none!!!!
                "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

I absolutely love roses and have quite a few in our front garden, as well as our back garden.

Can't think of the many of the names, but here are a couple I can remember.....

You Are My Sunshine
                  The McCartney Rose (these pink roses were in the wedding bouquet) although I was told by the nursery that it was not actually named after Paul McCartney
                  Just Joey
                  Peace Rose
                  Super Trouper
                  Simply The Best

Comment

Any rose that is given to me to put in a vase, preferably never at Valentines Day as they are a rip-off to buy, if they are cut roses then they should not be commercially picked as they always droop their heads after a day or two.
                    Roses are hard work and need maintenance, I've never had much success with them. They come in 2 varieties, the ones that you can kill with kindness and the ones that will never die no matter which poisons, flames or digging you throw at them. Note: I have an evil 5 petal pink briar rose growing in the wrong place that WILL NOT DIE!!
                    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Oh and given a preference I like yellow roses.
                      Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

I got a new rose for mothers day..It's a Peace Rose..yellow w/ pink edges..one of my favorites. Planted it last week.
                        I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
                        Phillipians 4:13

Comment

Cynders, Our roses here are SO easy to maintain. Once planted, we hardly touch them ever, and they bloom for us every year. We have a rambling rose by our front door and we've had to cut it back a few times, where it just grows and grows (as fast as the grass !LOL) and blooms. We have blooms from the end of May until at least October each year. Most of our roses have been in the garden for many years.

I just LOVE roses.

Comment

Would have loved to post a couple of pictures of our roses, but don't know how to !!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Roses don't take too well in our desert. The ground is hard clay. I bought a lovely pink & white rose bush last year, but despite regular care it didn't survive summer... I grew it in a large pot where sun & wind damage was least likely. One rose that took very well for me in Phoenix was the Miranda, a deep velvety red with amazing fragrance.

Tomatoes... I think mine are all cross-bread. There's the Early Girl I planted 2 years ago, but it isn't so early. The Roma and cluster Cherry tomatoes seem combined... The tomatoes are clustering, and the Romas are small. I see no sign of the Heritage tomatoes, though. This year these all came up on their own, so I didn't have to buy any plants or seeds. Last year's tomatoes quit in late summer, but then produced from autumn til February. The plants are misshapen due to this years extremely heavy winds. (They are not in the greenhouses.).
                              Last edited by JoGee; 06-02-2012, 09:36 AM.
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                              X