Pictures of the back yard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures of the back yard

I think the back yard is all finished except for things growing, spreading, maturing and getting bushy.

This first picture is of just after they finished the leech lines. You can see the ugly white pipe. I have to take the little cap off, lift out the filter and hose it off every 3 or 4 months. Yuck, can't wait to do that little chore.

This next picture is of it all done and the little close up Linda did for me to the right of the patio she and Jon did. We also had the yard guys put the gravel back in place and you can barely see the strawberry jar which sits in front of the smaller ugly white pipe.

This next one is of the closeup of the small garden and fake rock. Way in the back ground you can see the blue hose which I can drain the washing machine in the summer.

And this last picture is of the 5 Bird of paradise and the 8 small lantana in different colors that Linda planted for me. I can hardly wait until those B or P get large and bushy and the lantana spreads.

What a beautiful new back yard. Thanks for the pictures.
    Growing older is a privilege denied to many.

Comment

It really does look great, Nalani. Lot's of work went into it, if past experience counts for anything. How nice to look out your window and know it's done.

Comment

Love the little garden off your patio. That fake rock really looks nice as well as the new plants and the frog. My sister-in-law has different size frogs in her front door garden. Looks like a very comfy place to sit and enjoy the hard work that went into the back yard.
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

It is nice to see it now, Deborah. Not sure one of the Bird of Paradise will make it. I check it twice a day. May have watered it too much. But so far it is still hanging in there. I can hardly wait until those plants mature and then it'll be really pretty to look it. Will have to wait until next summer for that. Hope I last that long.

Jostoy, my friend Linda did the small garden and she had fun doing it. Actually there are 3 frogs in there. One big and two little. The other day I actually saw a small live frog hopping just outside of it. First I've seen around here. Guess the rains have brought them out.
          Last edited by Nalani; 09-13-2011, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Nalani, it looks beautiful, and I love the fake rock!

Comment

Nalani, everything is just beautiful.

I love the fake rock and you've planted my very favorite thing: purple fountain grass. Just love it all!

Comment

Nalani...everything looks lovely... love the back of your house as well.
                Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

Comment

Thankyou for the very nice complements all!

Comment

Nalani, it all looks gorgeous. Do you still have the quail family there somewhere?
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Yes, quail families still come around. Come under or over the wall. Babies duck under the gate.

Comment

Wish I could hostess some small wildlife like that. It would delight me no end. About all we have running around our house & garden are lizards of all sizes. Sometimes they stop and watch what I am doing. If I look directly at them, they scamper off.

They have created more neighborhood, by cutting all the trees and clearing the lands, that the wildlife have all gone away. Plus, everyone has these block fences (no choice).
                        As long as people keep pushing back the natural land, the Eco- systems will change,and not for the better.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                        X