Windows.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows.

In our house there are 207 panes of glass in the windows, the old primer is letting go so the paint is falling off and/or becoming crazed. So we have to strip and sand back all the windows and repaint.

It's going to be a LONG Summer.
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

That's a tedious job, I don't envy you at all. Hope you don't have the 100+ temps that some of us have had/are having right now.
    Growing older is a privilege denied to many.

Comment

Very tedious, have to put paint stripper on about 4 times then sand...I LOVE my palm sander!! Each window is taking a couple of days just to prep so I'm going to have to work out a way of speeding up the process.

A really hot day here in the middle of Summer would be close to 90F but it would be rare, it's Spring and we are in the 60's.
      Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

OMG! Thank goodness for aluminum windows.

Comment

Quite, aluminium would be great BUT, it's $30-40K to replace the windows.

I have also had to learn to glaze windows as a lot of the putty is brittle and falls out when I start stripping the paint...*sigh*

Comment

What I meant was I am grateful I have aluminum windows ~ no panes.

Comment

I knew what you meant Elaine.

Although our house may not suit aluminium joinery I did price it up for the shock value!!

Comment

Elaien...you mean the windows are aluminum...not framed in aluminum???
                Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

Comment

No, Mickie, the frames are aluminum. Windows are double glass but the frames are on the outside. Inside glass is smooth.

Comment

Ok....know what you mean. I have the kind of windows with grids in between the double panes... used to have the other kind..and they were a pain to clean. They are only in rooms at the front of my house. My large family room has removable grids mekes it look like small panes within the large.......can take them off to clean the windows. These are the ones I want to replace....going to get estimates soon. Want to replace the large door and side panes too....that will be more expensive than the windows. Want to get this done before Winter...
                    Last edited by Schmitty; 09-09-2011, 05:55 AM.
                    Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

Comment

Working...
                    X