"Desserting You"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Desserting You"

My daughter in CA is moving to WA; furniture gets picked up and they head out early next week.

The move is/was devastating her pre-teen daughter Alex. So DD came up with a Desserting You party.
    The closest friends and most of their Moms came. I guess DD baked every imaginable dessert (lots of leftovers), plus a big veggie tray and platter of finger sandwiches. Plus chips, sodas, etc.
    Several board games werevset up for the kids to play.
    DD also made up "goodie bags" for each of the kids: tablets, envelopes, pens, 10 postage stamps, stickers, and Hershey's Hugs & Kisses. She may have included pictures or picture stickers of Alex for the friends, I forget exactly.
    The Moms were amazed at what their kids got, as it is a "new" way for the kids to communicate, and the kids are all looking forward to it.

Amazingly, all those downhearted kids never shed a tear, had fun together, and were excited about keeping in touch.

Wish I could have been there, but I would be the one shedding tears. I find it all so very touching.
    Last edited by JoGee; 07-30-2011, 01:26 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

What a unique way to throw a good-bye party. Glad all had a good time.
    Growing older is a privilege denied to many.

Comment

I'm sure it was fun for all. it's very hard for kids to leave their friends.

Comment

What a fun idea!

Comment

Working...
        X