Wish we would get some rain....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish we would get some rain....

Know my water bill will be extra high this month..... been watering every day....flowers and shrubs that is... not the grass. Just read in the paper...Sylania has watering restrictions on lawns......homes with even numbers on even days... odd numbers on odd numbered days... Going to get my soaker hose out for the bare areas see if I can get some grass to grow.
    Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

You could try and save some of your bath, washing machine, or dish washing water to take out to your plants. Put a big pan in your kitchen sink to catch any water you use there for various uses. I used to do this when we lived in Tucson and were on a well when it got very low. We had no grass there but I could water the few shrubs we had.

Comment

Sounds like a good idea... will see if I can do that.

My daughter Monica has it made....they have city sewers and water but still have their original well...and use it to water the plants and lawn.
      Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

Comment

We've given up on keeping anything but the plants and shrubs around the house alive.

I didn't plant a thing this year because of my knee and because of such dry conditions. Not very pretty with nothing blooming, but we're struggling to keep what we have going.

We do have a well, so that helps. Of course, I'm more concerned about the well water holding out for the animals in the pasture.

It's always something.

Comment

when my son lived on the lake, he pumped lake water for grass, etc.So did his neighbors all had georgeous lawns.. Good idea about wash water etc.

Comment

You can have as much of this rain as you like, after 3 wet, wet, wet months I'm so over the rain.
            Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

You all reminded me to go water the Black Eyed Susans and the hollyhocks. The were looking wilted when I came home from town.

We have to water everything here or it would all be dead weeds. And Scotch Broom, nasty, invasive stuff even if it is beautiful.

Comment

So sick. Anyone who would intentionally encourage grass to grow has mental problems.
                "If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years there would be a shortage of sand."
                Milton Friedman, economist:

Comment

Working...
                X