Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Child's faith (sometimes prayer request sound silly)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Child's faith (sometimes prayer request sound silly)

I didn't know how far this had went for along time and really didn't know how many people it touched, some I just found out about while back home, while talking to my Aunts.

When my son was 4 his dog (and constant companion) somehow got a deep gash in her chest. She would go into the woods to hunt when my son was sleeping, we heard her yelp and she made it into the yard before she collapsed. We didn't have the funds to take her to the vet so set to "country doctoring" her the best we could, my one Aunt stopped by on her way home and being an LPN told us other things to do (she had a class that taught them household things that worked in an emergency). My son was sitting beside the box and we noticed he had his head bowed and was whispering so that only the dog could hear him. He raised his head and told her "You're gonna be okay now, I asked Jesus and you're gonna be fine". We realized that he was doing what he learned from Grandpa, when a child got hurt Grandpa would take them and in a calming whisper would pray. My Aunt suddenly "had to get home". We didn't know she went home and called Grandpa. Anyhow Grandpa got on the phone and started making phone calls, it was Sunday afternoon and he must have told who he called to ask for prayers at their churches as the 3 Aunts that lived out of the area all said they got phone calls with that request, they said they got some funny looks but told people "When Daddy says PRAY, we PRAY." The next morning I was sure that I was going to have to bury the dog and deal with a heartbroken little boy, when I got to the box the dog wasn't in it, looked out the door and she was slowly following my son in the yard "she had to potty Mom". By that afternoon she was running like nothing happened. For along time I would have people that I didn't know walk up and ask me "Are you Brother Vicker's granddaughter with the dog that was hurt? How is it doing?" One woman told me that when Grandpa called her he told her "It sounds silly to pray for a dog, but a little boys faith is depending on it"

So if someone ask you to pray for an animial, don't brush it off, because they maybe struggling with their faith (or maybe they GOD is calling them and they are fighting him) and they see that GOD cares for even their furbabies they will accept that he cares for them.

that`s a nice story. thanks for sharing.

Comment

That is so precious! Bless your little boy's heart. I know he's probably all grown up now, but that really touched me. Thank you for posting it.
      Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

He will be 39 in Dec. The dog actually lived a very long time after. She got hit by a car (in fact driven by the very Dr that delivered him) as she was blind and insisted on laying in the rock road in front of Mom's, no matter how many times we brought her back in the yard. He was upset (Doc offered to buy him a new puppy) but he told my Mom, "She lived a good life, it was time for her to go hunt squirlles in Heaven. "

Comment

Working...
        X