Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing Too Big or Small

by Pastor Greg Laurie
    You can know God and make Him known at Harvest with Greg Laurie. Explore "A New Beginning," daily devotions, live events, and other free resources.

Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.

—1 Peter 5:7

Sometimes in life there will be situations in which you will not have the resources or the ability to respond. There will be circumstances beyond your control. Tests will come up, and that is when you need to trust God.

When that unexpected bill arrives, and you wonder how you will ever pay it . . . when you have that crisis with your spouse, and you wonder how you will ever get through it . . . when a loved one dies unexpectedly, and you wonder how you will survive it, here is how: you are going to trust God. You must trust God. And God will come through for you.

Nothing is too big or too small for God to respond to. Sometimes we will minimize the struggles of others. They will tell us what they are dealing with and we will think, Come on. You know what I have gone through. I have suffered so much more than you. But know that thinking is not right. Their hardship may not seem significant to you, but it is significant to them. If it concerns them, it concerns God.

Each of us should come to God with our burdens and struggles. Is there something keeping you up at night? Is there something troubling you right now? Is there a need you have? Bring it to God. It is not too big, nor is it too small and insignificant. The psalmist wrote, "Hear my cry, O God; attend to my prayer. From the end of the earth I will cry to You, when my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I" (Psalm 61:1–2).

When faced with a need, no matter how large or small, we are to look to God to meet it.

Good reminder. One I sometimes need.
    Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

Shoot...I even pray about lost keys & green lights. I've been praying for almost 3 weeks now for a checkbook I seem to have misplaced here in the house. I keep praying about it. The only thing I can figure is He wants me to clean a lot of corners & piles before He's willing to reveal it. LOL!

Comment

Working...
      X