Pastorial Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pastorial Change

Have you been through one. If so, how did it go?
    So far ours has been bumpy to say the least. We
    are now going on 5 weeks without a pastor. We have
    had one family but his health wouldn't let him move
    to Illinois. So now we are on the hunt again. Looks
    like it will be the middle of July before we find a new one.

Sure don't enjoy the time between pastors. It seems
    to bring out the true Christian in all of us (some good
    and some not so good). But God has a plan for our
    Church.

Our church was founded thirty years ago by the man who is still the same pastor/teacher for all these years. We have other pastors, but Scott is "senior." He's my age, so probably won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

His wife is the sweetest woman I've ever met. She just knows when folks are hurting, and loves on them, prays with them, gets them help for as long as they need it.

Hope they send you a really good man who loves the Word and teaches it well.

Comment

I'm sorry your church is having a rough time. My mom's church has been going through a similar situation. They are a small country church and I believe the pastor there retired. They have not had a full-time pastor since. And Lou, you are right. Being without a pastor can bring out the "true spirit" of a church or individual.

I pray you will find a wonderful pastor very soon.

Comment

We belong to the United Methodist church & usually we have no say when our pastor gets moved. Typically they are in the same church for at least 7 years or so, but they try to take into consideration the pastor's family, such as a child is going to be a senior in HS and would like to graduated from the school they've been going to for several years. Sometimes though it is put on the "powers to be" heart that a pastor's particular gifts are needed elsewhere & they are transferred.

This happened to our current church last year. He had no clue that he would be up for being moved & was quite shocked when he got the call. There were lots of tears when they left last June. In the Methodist churches (at least in this area) all pastors move the same week...after the last Sunday in June...and they all start their new positions the first week of July.

Last year we had given the youth leader heads up that we were looking for a new leader to do worship (music & such) and to lead the youth. He wasn't qualified for the worship position. Last December our new worship/youth leader started, and then our church secretary got a new job, so we basically have a whole new staff since last year. Not to sure about the new youth leader. He's had 6 mos with the kids & has hardly done diddly squat with them. I plan to have a sit down chat with him in the next couple of weeks. Going to follow the change of command...talk to him first & if nothing changes, talk to the head pastor...his boss. The youth are suppose to be half his job, but as far as I can see he's only giving them 1 1/2 - 3 hrs a week to them, if that.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Sometimes a Church clerk/secretary/elder needs reassuring and I appreciate you all so much.

Comment

I'm sure by now you have a new pastor. Our pastor retired after 20 years (he was a wonderful pastor) a year ago May. Our associate pastor was voted on and is a wonderful preacher and pastor. Sometimes you get one or the other....I hope you got both.
            We are now looking for a Min. of music after 9 years.
            I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone O Lord make me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8

Comment

Working...
            X