Friday, January 24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, January 24

Good morning Rounders! Today will be a busy one for us. Doing a little shopping, Rx pick-up, and thrift store browsing. I am manifesting a jacket that is warm, but lightweight, Teeshirts for DH, crafting whatever, and a new chair for me for the living room. It needs to have lumbar support, have good construction, springs and padding, and look good. It will have to be a good price as well. I don't ask for much!

Not much happening around here. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning..not feeling the best this morning..will soak in tub then get ready for work. Just got a text from my sis I am going with her and my niece after work to meet my parents to return their dog. I think they fly in around 6. I know they anxious to get home.

Comment

I woke up not feeling so great, too, Beth and hope we can both rally and get through the day. I am cancelling out of a meeting that got changed to tonight. I just want to stay in and rest up.

Totally thinking about Sharon this morning. Prayers for all!

It rained sometime during the night. Wet outside and onto the patio. Who knows what it will be doing today? I doubt I will take kids out. The way they get wet and dirty is too much to deal with coming back in. I went to change clothes on one guy the other day ( he sat down on wet ground) and all he had were summer shirts and no pants...one reason I buy clothes at yard sales! But cleaning up 6 is just a bit much when I am not feeling great.

Happy Friday and hope you all have warmed up!

Comment

Good Morning. It's a dreary one here today. I've got the headache to go with it.

The other day I decided it was the day I was going to get my pic taken for my drivers license and get our state's Real ID. Sat there for about 15 minutes and nobody moving up in the line. Finally a guy came out & said that the state's computer system for the DMV crashed. He offered to look at all of our paperwork to make sure we had the right stuff. Good thing he did. I had 2 papers saying marriage license only to find out they were just pretty paper from the church and weren't official. I had to go to the court house & spend $5 to get the real official thing. DUMB!!!! I've used those papers for 35 years and had no problems. I swear the government just tries to find new ways to get our money. GRRRRRR!!!!! I did get my new drivers license but not the real ID. Have to go back again.

Yesterday was another day spent at Children's Hosp dental clinic. Blaise was under for about 2 hs to get some teeth filled and she tried to get spacers put in where his teeth were pulled last week. No luck. Kathy's taking him back down in about a month for Lab created spacers. We made a couple stops on the way home (lunch & groceries) and did pull in until almost 2:30pm. No sense in taking him school for an hour. I had no energy to do much of anything for the rest of the day. Blah!

This morning I put the turkey on roasting before heading into town for a couple more supplies I need for some new recipes I want to try. Still looking for my energy. I think it slipped out the back door. Have to find it though because I have orders to complete. I also want to go pick up a couple Pampered Chef stones I found on The Market Place for $10 total. I'm still trying to find someone willing to ride with me since I don't know where I'm going.

Time to get busy....have a good one all! Hope we are start feeling better soon.

Comment

Maxie, where are you?
          "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            Yesterdays snow knocked out our internet then the tv went out. I am not sold on living with satellite! But am very grateful we did not lose power. It was a heavy wet snow. Ick!

Good late morning. Yesterdays snow was heavy and wet and knocked out the internet in the afternoon and then the tv went in early evening. I had wanted to wish Boffler good luck with her surgery but will tell her I am thinking of her this morning. This morning was a beautiful picture out and I never say that about snow! The trees were covered and the fog with thick and it was a gorgeous sight of white. There...never going to say again this year! I have not heard any weather today but before tv went out last night they were predicting more this afternoon but not heavy. Watching another storm for next week. We think Andrew is out of school and Jon will check with his mom later. We have a house phone but it is also satellite. We were sorta cut off last night and thank goodness for cell phones.

Doing laundry this morning and have unloaded the dishwasher. Jon was shoveling the drive last night he and the neighbor were yelling back and forth. Jon came in to finish later and the guy next door knocked to say he finished our drive did we have salt? Grass boy was here bright and early but the heaviest was already shoveled and Jon had drove out earlier. It was nice to not have to pay someone for once. These kids moved in this summer and it is nice to see young people are still thoughtful. Sometimes I wonder. Andrew is at a disadvantage because he spends time with a grandma who believes in the old ways of courtesy, grammar and manners. LOL! I swear he uses bad manners to get a rise out of me and we may have to remind him to do a good deed but he does them.

Before snow started heavy yesterday Jon took his mom for Chinese. I have been wanting it and he needed to get out anyway. Found a shower curtain I can live with at Big Lots and they even had matching towels. If I find one I would die for I am not out much money later on. The one hanging in there is so darn ugly! Have laundry going today and should iron. Watched some really bad stuff the guys had DVR'd on tv this morning and there is a reason they watch downstairs and I watch upstairs. I was hard up for noise this morning for sure!

So I have a late start today and need food. Sierra is also having stomach problems so something must be going around. Good thing we do not see much of her. For the most part we do not catch much around here...knock on wood!

Think I have talked out all the stuff I have been saving with the internet down earlier. Have a wonderful day people.

Comment

Not feeling worse so that’s as good as feeling better, right?
            And what makes for a totally doable day is three boys ( the two brothers!) and the ever talking but not at all understandable 4 year old are home!
            Those brothers are off the charts. Good thing I really like the family!

I have no idea what to make them for lunch. Nothing sounds good to me.
            Maybe eggs, sausage and fruit? I need a vegetable with it. I got it!
            Breakfast burritos and black beans with cheese. Oranges and I will be good.

I want egg foo yung! Chinese sounds great!

I took down the cute snowman picture I had in the daycare room. I was too cold to look a it! And to feel warm this morning I watched a YouTube video of someone running a 5 k on Castaway Cay where my brother and his wife are.
            I have decided I like using beach videos the best for my treadmill time.

Ok, again. Back to work. Take care !!!

Comment

Working...
            X