Friday, December 27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, December 27

Good morning Rounders! Things are back to normal and I like it. I don't know for sure Maxie if the house next door will be sold, but it was just a thought we had. Sometimes people assume and you know what that means!!!

Paula, I do not have computer issues, it's just that this system has been backing up every time I went to post for the morning for the last three days. But, it's all good. I just need to shorten my posts is all.

Today is yard waste pick up and I've already got it at the curb. My life is boring, but if you could have heard me in my younger days!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning. Our mild weather is going to change back...well, guess it is going to go back to normal. It is winter after all and hockey is back tonight. Leftovers are all gone so I may have to think about cooking again. I am a funny girl..no one is cooking around here until we have too for the kid.

Today I will do laundry. Yesterday I ran out for milk and was surprised at how few people were out. They must have all been at the malls exchanging stuff! Jon was off yesterday and I know he never left the house. He is working the rest of the weekend and then Monday he is driving me to meet up with my Texas brother. The four of us siblings only get together a couple of times a year. I can drive it and DO drive it but night driving is getting harder and harder. Getting old is full of restrictions and I am glad my son will drive even though he didn't want to. It saved me from going early and spending the night at my sister's and I promised him we would leave early. Three of us see each other often enough to stay caught up so we only need to listen to my brother. He is not much interested in us so it is a one sided conversation. Opps! did I say that out loud? LOL!

So Karlinann tell us about your younger days...hehe!

Sierra called last night and is all stuffed up and not feeling well again. Actually I am not sure she has ever gotten over the flu so told her to think about seeing the doctor next week. Probably have a waiting room full of people suffering like her. Personally I would have to be pretty sick to expose myself to all those sickies sitting in a waiting room, ya know?

Andrew's bed still has not had it sheets put back on so I should do that today then I can say the house is back in order from Christmas. He has the bed my husband had as a boy and it is a full size but the mattress is snug into a wooden frame and it is hard to tuck in the blankets. Plus it is no fun to run your shins into it while moving around tucking. Oh yes, I can find something to complain about even if it is putting sheets on a bed. It is a gift!

Time for another cup of coffee then need to start the day. Blues play at normal time tonight. OMG...those 9:30 California starts were hard! Have a great day everyone.

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      I have so manybruises on my shins from running into toy boxes, etc and I feel for you!

Well, I never went out yesterday, either. I thought I would but had enough to do in the house here that I just did not get out. And not sorry about it, either! It was trash day (a day late because of Christmas) so I did go outside, but nowhere in the car. I received some homemade scrubby cloths (which may have been for body washing because they came with some homemade soap) but after trying one out I decided they are for cleaning! Not me, but the tub and sink look really good and with minimal effort.

Gee, after three days off the dogs think thye get to go out just because they hear me and think I have nothing to do, I guess. Also I cleaned out the refrigerator and the ice maker so it is now making a noise everytime the ice drops and that makes them bark...

Wow, Maxi! I looked up NFL socks and who would think a pair of socks could be so pricey?! I mean, they really don't show. We just got thorugh buying socks in packages for the homeless shelter and the NFL socks cost as much as the packs of socks and some NFL even more! So my money will go into shirts and hoodies which at least get seen!

The other big thing I accomplished yesterday was the budget...called for the credit card totals and paid one and as soon as I get paid will get the other taken caer of. Having to cancel my debit card and wait for a new one I was using the credit cards and then didn't really want to pay them. Kind of liked seeing the balance in the bank! But I decided to do the grown up thing and took care of it yesterday. I remembered January is another month when I pay my Medicare bill (quarterly). And we are planning a vacation this June and need to start saving for that, so like I said, it was jbudget day. No wonder I didn't go out to any sales!

I have frozen all the cookies that have not been eaten. I can easily eat a frozen cookie; it just takes a few more steps and I hope that deters me a bit. I amnot planning a New Year's Dinner... I told everyone that was over for Christmas that our family tradition was always to do a big house cleaning at that time. Gary would often decide to change around the furniture and it has just remained a clean out the decorations and refresh everything time. I don't change the furniture like he, but I move everything and really deep clean. He liked to change his classroom configuration and that just spilled over into the home, too.

Well, my day has almost started here. It is a strange work week. I just didn't want to take the whole week off when I didn't have family coming and I wasn't going anywhere, so Monday was daycare and Friday is daycare. Next year because it is Leap Year Christmas will be on Friday and it will be an easier vacation time. we are already thinking about going to Maryland for Christmas with Spencer's family.

Hope you all are still enjoying the holiday. I am not putting on the Christmas music, though. Ready for some clean up and clean out music!

Comment

Good morning...was planning a trip to goodwill with a friend but slept to late to catch the bus.

Not much planned. Might clean my room.

Comment

Good morning all.

Maxie, my youngest niece was really stopped up for our Christmas. It was her 3rd week for the cold. Said her daughter went with the crud for 6 weeks, and that was with antibiotics.

I have never seen as many Christmas packages as I saw Christmas day. We had a good time even without a sit-down meal. We had to open presents first because my great niece's family had to leave to go to his mother's.

My family all went together to get me a Gyenno soon/fork. I used it this morning, and I didn't get any food on me or dropped back into the bowl before I could get it in my mouth. I knew about the Gyenno, but I wasn't paying that much for it. Just shows me how my family can come together. This was my first Christmas with family since 1994. It was an emotional time for me.

Have put my Christmas things away for another year. Now I need to clean my house, but don't think that will get done today. Also went and got my x-rays done that were ordered for me Monday. Got that out of the way so I don't forget before the follow-up appt. with the Doc.

My "sale" of the house in Illinois is moving right along. The final thing, which is title search, is now underway. No issues with the inspection or appraisal. The buyers want to close on or before 1/15/20. The earlier the better for me. Just to have only 1 utility bill will be a great help on my pocketbook.

Time to shut up and wish you all a great day.
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Working...
        X