Monday, December 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, December 23

Good morning Rounders! Only these 2 days til Christmas!

You would not believe that they saved the grinds for my dh at Starbucks on Saturday night and he picked up a whole box after Mass yesterday. Wow! If he keeps this up my whole yard will be Nitrogenized!

I had to cancel my dental cleaning for today becuz I've got a sinus thing going on.

We got rain all night and it's still raining. Whoot! I turned off the irrigation. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning I had a super great visit to my parents. I pretty much saw everyone I wanted too.

I woke up feeling yucky. I think it’s weather related. I have a lot to get done. Family is coming here tomorrow night for supper. I pretty much have everything. I will make a last minute run to the store.

Comment

Good morning. Oh, I'd bet your yard smells great. Can you imagine living next to cookie with her smells and your smells? That would be the most wonderful street to be on! LOL!

Christmas is over for us and it was very nice. It is also nice to have the stress over...no more worrying if that was the right gift or should I have done more. Or worrying if I will get it all done and will they be happy with what I did get done? Now I am going to sit back and enjoy the rest of the season. In peace and quiet! My son is back at work today but no cooking this week..plenty of leftovers. I have my hand in the bag of the few cookies I did get baked right now. Sure an glad I baked a few if only for this mornings coffee!

Andrew was the last to leave yesterday by his own choice. Most of his Christmas comes from this side and he was happy with what he got. One X Box game is on backorder until after the new year but he knows that it is coming. He loaded the car and took everything home with him but the desk chair. I have a hoodie to return for him but I really knew when I bought it it was to small. I fought with myself over the size and now have to return it for a larger size. Naturally he wants the same one so I hope I can...never know. Do I want to go out and do it today is the question. Might be easier to return today than the day after Christmas when everyone and their great grandmother is returning something, ya know?

Kids stripped their beds as they left so I have the sheets washed up but can put them on at my leisure. No more time crunch for me! Today is trash day so all the mess is already gone. Since I know where it is I can walk around that sticky spot on the kitchen floor until I feel like mopping. Just have to eat my way through the cookies and pies and that is not a bad job to be left with.

Now is the time to move on to summer vacation plans. Jon needs his vacation in early in the year so we have a date set. Drew wants to do all the beachy things so we are heading to the Gulf. My sister is looking for places since we are a big group. Now I have vacation to look forward to to get through the rest of the winter. This is the hardest and longest part of winter coming up. Icky! Months of just nothing to look forward to but more winter. And Winters are now taking up precious spring time. We don;t have much, if any, spring anymore.

Well, I have days of Hallmark movies to catch up on and no pesky chores or mopping to interfere. The dust bunnies are already making plans to move back in. The stores will be ordering in new and bigger sizes of summer clothes for me after I finish off the Christmas cookies and pies. The Blues play tonight. Life goes on....

Have a wonderful day.

Comment

Sounds like a good day in your neighborhood Friends!
        I just heard it is to be sunny in the valley! It was drizzly when I went out to the garbage but I will be a believer and plan on outside time for kids.

I remembered a little girl will be here on here preschool vacation time.
        She is one that I was going to say No to but decided just let her come and deal with it. I have more cookies for the kids to frost and I have no expectations of how they will look so kids can just have fun.

I was pretty wet by the time I got the lady and her wheelchair in and out of my car and into the church yesterday morning. At one point I thought, laugh, Paula so you don’t lose it! She stopped as she sat halfway getting into the car and asked me why I wasn’t wearing a coat! I said, it’s raining. Let’s talk inside the car!
        And her chair is difficult for me to fit into the back of my smaller car.
        My mantra was, “ It’s not about me; it’s not about me.” Got me in and all was well.
        Guess what?! No rain on the way out of church !

Ok, I need to get going.
        Your celebration sounds perfect, Maxi and beach planning is the best! As soon as Becky gets her vacation time we are planning ours! She really wants to go to the same Marriott in Hawaii that I went to with Spencer’s family so we will see!

Boarding our dogs is the big factor! Finding a boarder and then saving for that cost!

Hey, enjoy every minute of today!
        Rhinking Thinking of those good smelling houses and the wonderful people in them!

Comment

Good morning all.

Thought I'd stop in, even though I don't have much to say. Maxie, I sure enjoy reading your posts. You add so much "color" to my day, and always get a smile. Paula, with all the caring you do with kids and yet find time to help others. I'm sure you will be rewarded very well one day. Karli, sorry but I don't think I'd like the smell of Starbucks coffee on my ground. They make their coffee so strong. When I came up here to buy my house, my realtor wanted to meet at Starbucks. I got orange juice for my drink.

Well hopefully Cookielady is finished with all that baking by now. She needs a break before the restaurants start calling for their pie and cake orders.

All I have to do today is go to the NP for follow up of my spinal injection. May run by a thrift store afterwards. My desk lamp died, and Wally World didn't have anything I wanted. It is suppose to be 50 today, and all the way through Thursday. I hope Santa has wheels he can put on that sleigh.

Everyone enjoy your day.
          Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

My cookies arrived from cookielady! Last year they were stolen off my porch so I was watching closely this year!
            I am sharing them with a few friends.
            When I get any baked item at Starbucks I immediately take it out of their bag and I go my own. The coffee aroma is strong! When Becky lived in Sacramento she worked at a few Starbucks first as a barista and by 4 months had worked up to manager. I am not a coffee drinker but I got an excellent blender out of her time there! Funny memories...going to see her meant shopping and the big city at the time.
            Hope all goes well for you, jostoy!

Comment

Working...
            X