Saturday, December 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday, December 21

Good morning Rounders! One of DH's Pickleball friends came by last evening and brought Pumpkin Bars, complete with the whipped topping for the top. She is an excellent cook and that was our Christmas. I only made cookies for them. Anyway, I had one this morning and wowza are they good. I'm going to have to step up my game for next year.

Cookielady, it seems your business has grown tenfold since I first came on this forum. How wonderful for you! I'm so proud of the way you have stayed true to your dream and now are managing others and working new angles all the time to increase your sales. You are truly amazing and that is only the one hat that you wear. If I were a journalist I'd want to do a story on you. Thanks for taking the time yesterday to drop us a line. You know we know you're knee deep in baking and making, but it's certainly wonderful to hear from you. Plus, you sat down and got a rest for a few minutes. Win-win!

My new pj's that I found at the thrift shop fit perfectly and they look brand spanking new. I decided to keep the Deco Mesh for next year to make a streamer for the tree. There is not enough to make a bubble wreath. If I see any more of that mesh I'm getting it. Who knew that it could make your tree sparkle!

I watched some of the Hallmark Movie about Christmas in Evergreen, you know the new one, and I did not care for it at all. I think that ship has sailed as they say. I loved the first one because that little girl made the movie. She had that adorable gap between her teeth and she was just great.

I will go out and get some of my tender lettuce leaves from the garden today. We will have a nice Chicken Salad for dinner and maybe some French Onion Soup. I've had a hankering for Fr. Onion with Cheddar and Croutons.

Only 4 more days! Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning from my parents. My only plans for today is lunch with friends

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      yOU GO GIRL!

Good Morning...OMG! I love French Onion soup and have not had some for a while. Think I will have to take myself to Pantera's for lunch. Cookie, good to hear from you. It is wonderful that you are so busy but do take are of your health. I love the idea of those salt pellet guns...would have made great stocking stuffers. I used to pick up little things along the year...this year they all are getting fans to wrap around your neck. Then I thought I would save them for Easter when Andrew finds out about vacation. I'll stick his in his basket. Need to make a list of things for next year and will be putting salt pellets on it!

I was up late last night cleaning and the dryer is acting up. Yikes I will have bedding from 4 beds to do! I did finally get a load of jeans to dry last night and hope the rugs did overnight. I actually surprised myself by not freaking out and staying calm. BUT...I will not let it act up for long and will replace it asap if it thinks it is going to mess with me. It is pretty old...hate thinking that I left new machines when I moved. This morning I have to get the Italian beef in the crock pot. Jon did all the precooking for me yesterday and had Andrew picked up when I got back from my haircut. I just needed to do the cleaning. Ok, Cookie, close your ears...I am about to say out loud something that will turn your hair gray! I bought frozen pies...cherry, peach and pumpkin. Those need to be baked tonight when the house settles down. I just could not get it all done this year. We finally wrapped the big box Drew's desk chair is in and he is dying to know who it is for. Too big to be hauling around so we left it under the tree. Then he says all the packages he found say Sierra and her bf. He rooted one night but thought his would be there the next and they weren't! He had a discussion with his dad about the gift situation. Man we do play on that and tease him! The big box must be Sierra's because we only bought for her this year. One kid a year...he knows that isn;t true but he isn't too sure yet. Had to order the X Box game so it will not be here until after Christmas. We won't put Christmas out until after the house settles down tonight. Hope it is early because the boy without a Christmas gift gets up pretty darn early in the morning!

Won't be here tomorrow morning. Too much confusion and work. Have stripped my bed and need to get sheets back on it bedore leaving for my sister's. Have not watched many Hallmark movies lately but will catch up next week when it is quiet around here and I have a fridge of leftovers. Have a great weekend everyone.

Comment

good good Morning! I have an 8:30 appointment and a little time so thought I would try getting on my pc and here it is! Sometimes the site won't hold down the login space for me to login...anyway, I am not complaining.

karlinann, although there have been some wonderful new Hallmark movies this year, for the most I have been disappointed. Not any chemistry between the actors or kind of poor acting...anyway even a poor Hallmark movie beats most of what the networks put on in my mind. I have stopped watching a lot of what I used to faithfully follow.

We have our church Christmas breakfast this morning at 10:00. Another congregation that we share the building with had their party last night and they did a Journey to Bethlehem them and had lights strung across the room (gym size) and murals of night time with hills inwhite and left them up for us. Not sure how the scenes will work theme- wise for a breakfast but I wen tover Thursday night to see how it was decorated and I am glad they are leaving it for us. So pretty! I can think up things but getting up and stringing lights across a huge room is beyond what I can do and I don't plan out htings that I can't even help with (unles sthey ask And the best thing about this morning is the men's group said they would do all the cooking, so no assigned breakfast casserole or cookies for me. Do I sound like th eGrinch? Hope not, and by next year I will be ready to tackle doing more. Just nice to not have a lot on my to Do List at the last minute.

Our dinner change will be fine, and thanks, Maxi for the confidence boost. Remember the funeral of the good friend I just helped with? jWell it is his widow and her sister who are the recent add ins. She had said no thanks when I first asked and then I got a call that she would like to come. And I amglad she did. She has a lot of kids and Dave has 4 but no one is coming back here after having just been here and it is just too sad to me to think of her and her sister (with medical problems) sitting alone at their house.
      And those Hallmark movies had made me kind of selfpity party-ing about not having a large group here. So there ya go!

I have shoping for my mom to do today. She has caught a bad cold and so I will be getting the grocery shopping for her and us. and about those pies: I am using a frozen Schwan's apple pie...but I am not a pie baker so if there is a good pie it is bought at the restaurant that sells their awesome pies or we eat cake! And this year Becky postponed her birthday cake until she said just a small three person cake so I am getting a chocolate cake for our dessert Christmas (unless I actually have the itme to make a Buche de Noel, chocolate roll cake). And I will know Monday if that is going to happen! I have the food planned as to what I make when. And the potatoes have to change; I was going to make a version of the same potatoes they had at Dave's funeral but not now!

Ok, I love you all and love getting time with you in the mornings to start my day. The pumpkin bars sound super good, Karlinann, and here I am tyring to be true to my diet knowing the cookies are in the mail! There are some things too good to pass up!
      Take care and hope you are all enjoying the day!

Comment

Working...
      X