Thursday, December 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday, December 19

Good morning Rounders! It's 40 degrees and will be dropping lower before morning.

We had a visitor yesterday! Our friend "D" who usually rents the house next door for the winter showed up. She usually comes in November and I just thought she was not coming this year so it was a surprise to see her when I was taking the yard waste can to the front yard. And a few minutes later she showed up at the back door and my DH was asking me was I doing something out front and making a funny noise. I invited "D" in and asked DH what was he talking about.

"D" was only next door getting her things because she has bought a double wide on the north side of town. Yes, she says she got an extremely great deal and she has a sister and a niece living in the same area. Good for her! She will be living here year round and not have to worry about that cold PA winter anymore. She is a wonderful person and we have been invited to visit her after she gets moved in and ready for visitors.

As it turns out "D" had pushed the doorbell. The doorbell has not worked right since a storm hit it way back in the early fall and it makes a weird noise. It's still making that weird noise this morning. It sounds like an erratic train chugging up a hill. We will have to get a new doorbell kit, turn off the power because I don't want to get shocked and fix that darn thing. It's original to this house, so it's time to go. I tried to pry off the cover inside the house, but it's on there firmly. Yes, I've already gone online to Wikkihow to figure out how to do it!

So, I got more Starbucks grinds yesterday and spread them around. The car smelled delicious on the way home from Aldi's. Guess what! I found one of DH's Christmas list items at Aldi's. It's a grooming set complete with everything a man needs to keep his face hair free. What a surprise. They have gift cards this year too!

DH and I walked around the yard together yesterday after lunch. I pointed out to him how many Sago Palms we have. He thought they had all died. I forget how many we have, but it's something like 12.

Maybe this weekend we will drive around the neighborhoods, there are 12 of them, and check out the decorations and light displays. Some of these people are serious. We will listen to Christmas carols while we are driving around because the VFW sent us a CD.

We bought a package of Bacon Wrapped Filet's at Aldi's and had them for dinner. Oh were they good. Melt in your mouth tender. Hope we find more of those. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning Karlinann and all who follow. Your day yesterday sounded like a wonderfully peaceful and happy day. We have not gone out to look at the lights yet. We some on the way home last night but there is a park with a beautiful drive through display that we go through every year. Time is getting short!

Andrew got a coat last night. He is in a man's size so that means man size prices. Then he walked over and got a new pair of jeans. Was not expecting that but his mother does not do laundry as regularly as I do and I guess I understand that being a working mother. Anyway the week before Christmas I left a bundle of money in the Farm and Home store! The dentist was x rays and an office call so this is not leaving much left for those pesky regular bills. But glad the tooth deal is looking more like a sinus thing. Been sneezing too. Maybe I have stirred up to much dust cleaning bedrooms? I was surprised at the dust....got me thinking when was the last time I actually have cleaned around here!

Today is lunch with the school chums but I am not ready to drive that distance when I have things that need doing here. Tomorrow is a cooking day so today is all I have left before all my kids follow us home from my sister's Saturday. When actual Christmas comes here Jon is working and the holiday is all over for us. I just never settled in to get it all done this year. Like it just came in all too fast...how can you get it all done when you only have a year? And all those Hallmark movies? Just not enough time! But the stacked up things are disappearing. Sierra's bag from my sister and her mail is off the table, Andrew delivered the poinsettia to the neighbor last night. The afghan I started several weeks ago and not put a stitch in since then is folded and the yarn hidden away. Need to make a final store list but the Italian Beef has been cooked and the Christmas ham bought. Guess I am making headway...still need to bake that last batch of cookies. Next year I will not even make a pretense that I am going to bake anything. BUT on a really bright note...the missing tote of ornaments has been found. I am not going to put anything else out but it will be put away with the rest of the decorations for next year. Jon was digging around downstairs last night and called up that he had found it. Next year will be better organized and ALL the decorations will be out. Next year...

Well, this work is not going to do its self. But I do want another cup of coffee since this one is cold. Want to catch up on the impeachment news. Boy any excuse not to get moving..I am the queen of procrastination! Have a great day all you wonderful people.

Comment

Good morning I getting ready for a final trip to Walmart. I have a list and Checked it twice. Mom is excited to only have to help with both breakfast Christmas day and dinner Christmas Eve. My sister a huge breakfast Chris birthday. I will host supper Christmas Eve.

Comment

I am almost feeling guilty reading what you all are doing and have done!
        I am still getting ready for kids but do have the eggs scrambled and know that lunch will be the honey chicken tenders they all love! I will try and eat my diet lunch!
        Karlinann, nice to have that good friend year round!
        Maxi, I am making a notebook of what I want to start earlier next year and hope that gets more done. Not promising! What I really need is someone else in charge of my notes!
        today usually feels like almost done for the week but one child who was out a lot last week is back and is really a struggle. Trying not to be too hard on him and still not letting the others think what he is doing or saying is ok! Daily struggle this week.
        My morning is getting away from me and I need to unlock the door.

be back later! Take care!

Comment

Good morning everyone.

According to the morning news, F.W. was the coldest in the nation this morning at 11 degrees. It took my boiler a while to catch up to the set temp this morning. Got my shower early as my SIL and I are hitting the streets today.

We are also going out to eat for our supper. Might even hit Logan's Steakhouse. She said she didn't want to go to Chick-Fi-La, and I asked her if she was starting to go feathers. We do go there quite often when we're out.

I know of at least 4 different stores that we are going to hit, and maybe more if she puts it in high gear.

Time to get the lotion on so I don't look so "scruffy" . Hope all have a good day.
          Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            Let me know what you think and like at Logan’s Roadhouse, please.
            I saw one in both Redding and Chico but have not gone.
        Working...
        X