Sunday, December 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, December 15

Good morning Rounders! I cleaned the house yesterday and when I started dust mopping the floors I heard a tinny sound and I picked it up and it was my screw that holds the bobbin case parts together. Such a tiny little thing, but the good news is I found it and I put it together. It took several tries because it's so tiny, but I got it fixed and then I put the bobbin in and it's so tight the thread won't pull through. I'll loosen it some and it should work ok. I thought that screw was lost forever. It looks just like the screws that hold your eyeglasses together.

Okay, I cleaned the house and polished a brass floor lamp that was in bad need. When DH came home from working out he asked if there was anything he could do outside while it was a pretty day. I noticed that the leaves were all down and I suggested he eat lunch and then clean out the gutters. He said he would do the work and then eat lunch. I spotted him on the ladder and it was a quick job. Not nearly as difficult this year because the Water Maple tree was gone and that's where most of the leaf mold came from that clogged our gutters.

He came in and showered and I made lunch. By the time he got to the table he was shaking. It really scared me. I knew he should have eaten lunch first. He sure bottomed out and it took a few minutes for the shaking to subside. Scary! I won't ever let him go that long without a meal again.

He commented that it may have been because he climbed a ladder and he had not done anything like that after his Achille's Tendon Surgery. He said he had a dizzy spell as soon as he got in the house. Do you think it sounds like a Diabetic thing or possibly an effect of the climbing pressure on his heel? He has bottomed out before and did not shake like that. I am just not sure and would appreciate any and all comments.

We are going to put our tree up this coming week. I moved some furniture around and got things ready.

Hope your day is filled with love. Peace & Plenty.
    Last edited by karlinann; 12-15-2019, 02:05 AM.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning...going to be a snowy couple of days. We are in the 8 inch band with ice between snows and I am hoping they are wrong. I would be just as happy with a dusting. I would love just a little snow dust! This is suppose to last until early Tuesday morning after starting this morning. Jon is off this coming week so after he gets home tonight, is in. I did not know he had vacation this week so it is a nice surprise for our Christmas planning. However, I will admit to liking my days home alone even though I see little of him most of the time.

Picked up the bedroom and all the wrapping stuff is back into its totes. I have no plans this week but preparing for Christmas. You would think a couple of days of a snow storm would inspire me since I have to be in anyway but you might be wrong. Karlinann I wasn't aware that your tree is not up. It seems strange you are doing yard work and we are getting ready to shovel snow...a lot of snow! Hope your husband is feeling better. I would be willing to bet his symptoms are diabetic related.

Jon stopped for milk on his way home from work yesterday and he said it was packed with the bread and milk run before the storm. And there he was buying bread and milk! Have a nice and sunny Sunday. Oh and hope it is warm!!

Comment

Good morning... Queso dip in the crop pot for Bible Study..goodies waiting to be bagged up.

hoping snow holds off til I get home. Wearing boots just Incase.

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Hope you make it home before the first flake flies...This is not sounding good for us Beth!

Good Morning! It's been cold, dark, and just plain miserable around here. Some snow would be welcome in my eyes....not inches though.

The light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter. Yesterday I drug out the boxes of cookies slowly but surely and packed them into orders. Then they were all put out onto the enclosed porch to keep cold. Tomorrow we'll drag them all out again and sort them into customer orders and put back into the freezer that way. I had one customer email me last night asking about picking up her order today. I ask if she could PLEASE wait until tomorrow since it would be like looking for a couple needles in a huge haystack. She was kind enough to wait.

Last night I baked the raisin filled cookies. Need to pack them up as well as the choc mint cookies. As I was packing the orders I noticed we were either short or almost out of several kinds of cookies, so those recipes have to be made up and baked again this week. Today I'll mix them up. We also have to ice at least 30 doz sugar cookies this week. We're getting there.

I had one customer ask about the prices of the cookie trays. I text her back with the answer, and sent another text mentioning the Peanut Butter Lovers trays that we are going to be offering next year, but she was welcome to order them this year. Well she called me with questions and said her husband said a resounding YES at the mention of a PBL's tray, and ordered 2 of those as well as a couple regular trays. A PBL tray will have PB cookies, Buckeyes, Zagnut balls, Reece Cup cookies, and Kiss cookies.

Becca went to a party with her BF Karissa last night down in Pgh, and we babysat Ollie. Not my favorite thing to do. He barks too much, whines, and jumps. For some reason he also likes to nibble my toes. He's a Pit Bull mix. I love him, but he's too strong for me. Pure muscle. She'll be coming home soon & staying to play cards with us ladies tonight. We are celebrating her graduation with a card night. She's been working Sundays for the past 10 weeks, and hasn't been able to come join us.

I'm hoping I'll have the cookie doughs mixed up before she gets here so that we can spend time wrapping and maybe checking out some flights for Orlando in March.

Best get busy! Have a good one all!!!

BTW...sounds like he bottomed out big time. I take it you don't have a tester to check his level? You can get one rather cheaply at WM as well as the other testing supplies. I have to test 4x a day and take 5 shots a day. Once I bottom out, it takes a good 15-25 minutes to get it back up once I eat or take the sugar tablets. If I have a really bad episode, it can sometimes wipe me out for hours. That's kind of why I really don't want to get a job outside of home.

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        We have everything to test his sugar level and we do that every morning, but neither of us thought of it yesterday. He is Type II and has never taken insulin. Thanks for the info. I just didn't know about the shakes part.

Hope you all are ok with my Better Late Than... post.
      I had an early ( 7:30!) meeting at church and it was all I could do to get myself cleaned up and dressed and out the door. And then back in the door to grab the spray bottle of water and alcohol to de-ice the windshield! 38* this morning.

I cut up caramels for the cookies I am going to make. Becky is making some Oreo truffles right now, so I am at the table out of her way.
      We are going to a Christmas music presentation in a bit, taking my mom. We heard this same community group perform at Mothers Day when they did a mix of Broadway and Patriotic music. Three of the singers sang at a Catholic funeral Mass I attended and their talent was amazing! They are around my age and nice that some do not lose their singing voices with age. I certainly don’t have my Soprano range anymore.

I saw that Snow and Ice on the national news last night! Hope you stay warm and the lights stay on. Hot chocolate for sure!

I found the clothes I went looking for but Becky did not so we came home and ordered online. She also was not feeling great so we did not eat out. So, kind of a bust. She drove us the same way she drives to work and That was neat. I had never been on those roads ( go figure, but once I know one way to go somewhere, that is the way I go!) and it just was a wonderful drive. The kind Gary would take us on to see something different.

Guess what?! Amazon sent me a Picture of one of the gifts I sent to Spencer’s house showing the package in their porch!
      I was impressed.

We have Josh Groban singing Christmas music and enjoying sunshine for all of you without.

Florida sounds really good right now, Donna!

Have a good rest of your day!

Comment

Working...
      X