Thursday, December 05

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday, December 05

Good morning Rounders! I've already baked 3 batches of cookies this morning. The house is warmed up, I'm warmed up, and my hands need some TLC today. I always wash my hands constantly when I'm baking and I have Dawn and Gain liquid detergent that I use to wash up all the utensils. I need to get the Palmolive Kind to hands formula. Note to self before next Dollar Tree shopping day!

They did not take the microwave when they picked up the trash. So, what we did was bring that into the garage and took it totally apart and each trash day I will put some pieces into the can. They will never know.

Some of my plants got frostbite, but not all. Some of them like the Purple Hearts will come again. Some of the Kalanchoe got bitten, but not all of it. I have plenty of that plant and some of them are 5 ft tall. The Hardy Poinsettia's got bitten too.

Today DH will make another cookie delivery. I'm going to take a break for awhile to let my hands heal, then I will finish making the cookies. They turned out great. Yesterday was National Cookie Day! Yay! I didn't even know we had one.

Peace & Plenty.

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning! Karlinann is up and baking cookies and I am stumbling in and trying to find the coffee pot. There is not a fair energy disbursement around here. This has been a slow start to the holiday season for me and this past week has been the worst!

The tree is decorated but boy was that kid crabby and bitchy. He complained about everything and it was his idea to decorate. Then he really started complaining about vacation. Vacation!? Geeze let me get through Christmas first. He never gets to do what he wants when he vacations with his mom and he decided not to go this year because he doesn't like her bf's kids. She has been seeing this guy for a few years so the kids have always been around. Well, anyway, we are going where he wants this year but the plans have not been made and we are not going to tell him until it is final. He wants the beach, we want the beach but he will have to wait a while to get notification. I finally had to turn around and tell him to shut up for a minute. Then there is a tote of ornaments missing and that is the one with Andrews box and holy cow that was just another stab in his back. I did not want to decorate anyway and ended up doing most of it myself. Sometimes I get tired of being the only one providing holidays around here. Guess next they will want cookies! And their presents wrapped...better finish buying them first. Then the Blues lost last night. And the refrigerator is empty...not even a molded left over. We are shopping after the guys get home because I still cannot carry groceries. At least the kid perked up with that because he 'has a list'. Oh Oh! Then the guys went out and built a fire to roast marshmallows and everyone came in in a better mood. They were stuffed and I had a few minutes quiet.

Sierra called last night and had a sore throat so hoping she feels better today and nothing is expected of me. I need a vacation! A calgon day! But instead I have already striped my bed and will do laundry. One tote is still sitting up here to be taken down. Andrew is a huge recycler and would have hauled off that microwave in a heartbeat. He stacks it behind the shed in the wooded area so I don't have to see it and then his grandpa comes and picks it up when he has a pile. He does not care about the environment much but the monetary value. At least he is cleaning up the world one piece of metal at a time...and if he can make a buck even better.

As you can read I am not in the cheeriest of moods and have not been all week. Don't get me wrong I want Christmas and enjoy Christmas but I just don't want to be the one man social director. You want cookies, help bake and if you want banana bread don't think throwing a bunch of old bananas at me is going to get it into the oven...ya know? Maybe Andrew is right and we all need a beach vacation.

Do not let my crabby mood set the tone for your day. Have a great one and tell me about it. That could go two ways....I'll bite your head off for being happy or I will delight in your giddiness and my cloud will lift. Ya think?!

Comment

Good morning all. Maxie, you can have my energy since I have to just sit around, and do very little for the next month. Luckily I have everything done I wanted to do before winter. Hopefully, I will have some good news to share tomorrow. But right now I have to go to my SIL's so we can go to her antique shop. So everyone have a great day. Maxie, maybe you can use my energy to get that banana bread made today.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Jostoy...to bad I threw those rotten bananas away yesterday!

Day 1 of my 4 day week end! I am getting ready to restart the oil defuses. Cori kinda made the house stink. To many treats the other night while I was trying to trim her nails gave her tummy trouble.

My mom and Cousin will be here tonight. I will meet them at my house after the wrestling match I am attending on campus. One of the girls I have served all the semesters I have worked at the university is wrestling in the match.

I don’t know what our adventures will be tonight. Tomorrow is our big shopping day. Saturday another adventure.

Comment

Oh, thanks for the walk up greetings!
        We make our favorite banana bread into muffins and then keep them in the freezer.
        I went to Walmart again last night for buttermilk to make the Amish sugar cookies. Lots of you have said you bake them by one name or another. I read how one person freezes her leftover buttermilk in 1/2 cup portions and plan on doing that. I have thrown away way too much buttermilk that went bad.

I wish I was closer to you, Maxi. Would bake away!
        The microwave saga is exactly what I would do! Jostoy, you deserve some rest time. Hope you take care. And enjoy that antique store for me! I love going through them to browse and have a hard time resisting vintage linens.
        Beth, you sure do a lot of great things! Supporting students is awesome!

Drizzly out and one mom said she did not bring her boys in boots because it would be an inside day. That gave me a pass, I guess!

I need to take some gifts to the church tonight. Our towns Toys for Tots was not able to be organized this year because of a transfer of the one formerly in charge.
        So it got redone last minute with boxes all over the county and it includes a lot of churches. I was going to get a bike but decided to get a number of gifts instead because our PD gives out bikes and helmets! Helmets being the part that made me reconsider. So my Walmart trip was a lot more fun than just buttermilk shopping! Now to get the socks for the shelter sock drive.

Kids are fussing a bit and I need to let you all go.
        Have a wonderful grateful day!

Comment

Happy Birthday, Maxi!

Comment

Happy birthday maxi

Comment

Thank you ladies!

Comment

Working...
              X