Sunday, November 24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, November 24

Good morning Rounders! It's time to take that turkey bird out of the freezer and put him in the fridge to thaw! We are having Spaghetti & Meatballs for dinner so I'll also take out some Hamburger meat.

Tomorrow I will take all the crafting supplies over and give them to the grandad while they are gone to the Methodone clinic. Yes, she takes the little boy with her. When I signed up to do the craft lessons for the boy I did not know the history of where they were going, and quite frankly I was not shocked when the grandad let it slip, but now things have changed, she changed, and it is causing me too much anxiety and I will put a stop to it. I even had a nightmare about her. I'm sorry for the child. He only has adult interaction and they have lived with her mom and stepdad since spring. It's time for me to be true to myself. We have to live here and be able to get along with our neighbors.

I've been so upset and frustrated for the last few days. Yesterday I went out and dug around my walkway in the back to level it and to level my head. I got out some of my frustration, but it is still hanging on me like an iron mantle. I won't go into detail about what changed, but one thing that really got me was when I was telling her about my favorite thrift shop and how they are affliated with the Catholic church and the proceeds go to unwed mothers because they do not believe in abortions. She asked what was an unwed mother, and then she stated that some women may want to have an abortion. I agreed and continued to talk about the bargains, but she tuned me out and looked away. That was the straw that broke the camel's back.

So I taught her enough about crafts that she can do plenty for him and I've also made up quite a few crafts for him to finish. I said yesterday that I wished I'd never volunteered to do crafts with the little boy, and my DH reminded me that was a caring thing to do and you should always be caring.

I have spilled my heart this morning. Thank you kind people for hearing my frustration. My heart will mend. I will not get myself involved in such matters in the future because our neighbors are close and we can't move. I will look to volunteering in my community in the very near future. I'm sure there are plenty of elderly who need visits to cheer them up and I have time on my hands. I need to get active with something besides gardening. I can always go to my garden when I need a Zen moment.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning all.

Karli, sometime life hands you lemons. As they say, just make lemonade. I'm sure that little boy knows nothing or why he goes to another place to live. Children at that age are "blameless and clueless" to what or why things are happening. Just be thankful that you brought a little happiness to his soul.

Church day, and eat out day. Last Sunday my SIL got sick so we didn't get to eat out. She got sick while we were at the "warehouse" of goods.

Hope everyo0ne has a good day.

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Morning! Yes Karlinann, Jostoy is right. You enjoyed your interaction with the little boy and I am sure he did so it was not time wasted. Finding a place to volunteer is a good idea...maybe reconsider taking art lessons since you seem to have the knack. Sorry this did not work out for you.

Yesterday was a wonderful day and everyone seemed to need it! The groups and conversation kept changing. And it was loud. My bil came in with a load of wood and said it was just as loud outside. My only regret is I am not there this morning eating pie with my coffee. Andrew got to see a beaver dam in the making. To cold and rainy for me to stroll into the great outdoors looking for beavers. I am more suited for mall strolling! But...when we got to the mall for his shoes I only saw the inside of a shoe store. Can you imagine going into a big beautiful mall full of people and only seeing the inside of one store? That is how you shop with these guys. We did not get home until after the hockey game had started but I was home to see the horrible end. Always got to have a stinker game and last night was one of ours.

Today I really need to concentrate on this shopping thing. If I can get Jon to drive maybe I can run in and out of stores for gift cards. He can just drop me off up front and not worry about parking. Scott will be coming in for Thanksgiving then after he leaves I can take the guest room over and wrap and sort. But I gotta have something to wrap!

Time for another cup of coffee so will close and wish you all a wonderful Sunday. Have a good one....

Comment

Good morning! Yesterday trip to six flags was amazing! My friend Chris and I had so much fun! We spent 8 hours at 6 flags. We got to the park for early opening for those with a season pass. We didn’t leave until 30 minutes before the park closed. We would ride a ride get crazy cold then find a place to get warm. Would I do it again? Definately!

Friday evening cooking class was so much fun too. All of us were working on a different dish. Tomorrow night we will have a big friends giving. The main dish I helped with was dessert. Pumpkin cheese cake. I am going to the building as soon as I get off work. I will help warm stuff back up and set everything up.

I need to know what do about the lady that helps me. She is more than on time. I am not sure what is going on but I am tired of it. She was supposed to come on Thursday. Never showed. On Friday when I tried to talk about my displeasure about that come to find out we had some how used all my hours for the week. She should have communicated that to me. I could have taken a cab and got what I needed. On Friday she was ranting and calling the hire ups in the company nasty names. She said she meaning herself should have quit when she had the chance. My question is should I just let it go and see what happens? Should I say something to her? I have had my own run in with lady she had issue with.

Comment

Good Morning! The sun was out, but no more. It is COLD!

Yesterday was good. Sue came and finished up making the pie dough for this coming week's pie making marathon. Kathy eventually came & got Blaise. Cork & I then headed to WM to get his weekly supplies. Of course I found a few things for the cart. Came home, made us a real dinner, watched our show.

Just got a text from Kathy. Blaise is sick & wants to come home. Wonderful! I've got prepping to do for tomorrow's kitchen work. No baking. We are going to ice some sugar cookies & prepare 10 cookie trays that have been ordered. Sue & I were SUPPOSE to be going into town afterwards to do lunch at Applebees and got to Kohl's & Boscov's to shop a little. Well that might not be happening now. I was looking forward to it.

Time to go get Blaise. Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning! I am running a bit late so will not have time to read the posts now, but saw enough of Karlinann's to be shocked!

I have church and got a call to pick up a woman, so that is what through off my timing this morning.
            After church we are going over to my mom's and put up her Christmas tree. We got ours put up last night.
            Like Maxie said (I think) we aren't decorating it right now, but taking itme to fluffing the branches. Storing it did a number on it, but so does buying a new one in the box. I love this tree! Flocked with pinecones and berries on it and I always add more!

I really did what I set out to yesterday: took out clothes from the closet and the shelves on one end and tried thngs on and have three bags to donate. I was Ruthless! I started ot by clearing out my top two drawers and then went to the closet.

Food today is unknown, probably meatballs and salad?
            Baking the cake for the funeral is my priority somewhere this afternoon.

I will come back to read your posts (or sneak in some reading on my phone while waiting for Sunday School to start!)
            Hope your day goes well!

Comment

Andrew came in bright and early to spend the day and we took him Christmas shopping with us. Some stores his dad sat in the car and waited and others were a family affair. Did the grocery shopping too. I am almost finished shopping. Need a couple of gift cards and to add a gift for Sierra and then that bf but that is all. That kid is so much fun. I had picked out a sweatshirt for the bf and Andrew yells, in the store, 'what! you are spending that much money on him?' I know...kids cracks me up.

It has warmed up to be a nice day and the guys are going to hang the new bird feeder and fill the old. Probably rake leaves. I am suppose to get on line and look for a special hat for Drew's grandpa. He loves his grandpa and I do buy the special gifts he wants for his mom's side. I have always let him shop and then we will pick an evening after school and wrap. Funny his mom does not shop for us for gifts but what counts is we do it to make Andrew happy about giving.

Time to put the rest of the groceries away. So happy it turned into a good day. I feel a lot of pressure is off but boy is my credit card squealing!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X