Saturday, October 26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday, October 26

Good morning Rounders! I finally got my new pair of Rx glasses adjusted so that I can wear them. Right after my yearly eye exam back in March, DH had his surgery and things got busy. My glasses were too tight fitting on my head and they cut into my head and gave me headaches. I stopped wearing them immediately and had worn my old ones all this time. I went this week and now I am wearing my new glasses. Believe me there was only a slight change in the Rx, so no big deal. He adjusted my older glasses as well. They had gotten loose from all the gardening work.

Not much happening here. The mornings are delightfully cool, but by afternoon the temps soar into the high to mid '80's. I like the morning temps.

I watched Home & Family yesterday and learned a couple of new crafts. The one I really liked is the cardboard gift package that you make for your mailbox. It's a large cardboard box, and you cut out a slot in the back to slide against your mailbox post, but underneath the actual mailbox, and then you decorate the box to look like a huge package complete with a gift tag and a bow. Then you decorate 2 smaller boxes, one for each side and you have a nice Christmas display and the mailman can still deliver your mail with ease. It looked really festive!

Tonight I'm making Salmon, corn on the cob, potato soup, and cole slaw. The first part of the week I ate a lot of protein, but I have a whole pack of lettuce that has not been opened yet. I have not made potato soup in forever and am looking forward to that. Tomorrow it's back to the salads for me and I will make something delicious for dh for Sunday dinner.

Peace & Plenty.

Last edited by karlinann; 10-26-2019, 12:02 PM.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning...I am up early so I will be up and dressed when the kids start arriving for their Fright Night adventure. Andrew's mom will drop off the boys and a cooler and then they will make a mess filling it will drinks and ice. Although I gotta tell you it is suppose to be cool and rainy. Not a biggie for me because I am not leaving the house all day! Jon bought them all ponchos and told them to bring a change of shoes and socks for later when the rain is suppose to stop. Should be all over for the Frights tonight. This is not my idea of fun but they go every year.

Yesterday I called for a haircut and she got me in as soon as I could get there. It was a nice ride and the trees are turning. People all decorated for Halloween...it was not a bright and sunny day but the sights were enjoyable. Guess we will start seeing Christmas trees in windows as soon as the pumpkins are in the trash.

Karlinann, your piece of the world sounds wonderful. A warm winter would be a dream! I hate the snow and ice and cold and wind chills. They are predicting a lot of snow this winter. Winter is just so darn long!

Paula heard on the news they may have blackouts tonight. Must always be a dread for you living in that and the fear of fire. Be safe!!

Need to carry laundry down and start that. Have ironing to keep me occupied today. And my afghan which never got a new stitch at all yesterday. Blues play this evening...we lost top player Thursday and will hear Monday for how long. Play Boston tonight so it will be the first time we play them since we beat them for the Stanley Cup.

It is so dark and gloomy out and I hope it clears up enough for the kids to enjoy today...at least this evening. They enjoy this day and look forward to it. What is it with being scared to death?

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

Comment

Apple Butter day!!!

Comment

Super busy here cooking up some foods and then hoping the chest will have ice enough to keep the food! I can always have Becky pick some up on her way home from work.. someone just posted power will start going off at 3:00 not 6:00 and someone else texted me she got a call saying no power to shut off in Red Bluff.
        How in the world is there so much crazy into going around?!

I am preparing and eating my words: now considering seriously buying a generator. My friend on the street has one and said they would help me set it up. Her husband and a friend do all kinds of handyman jobs and know what they are doing.
        It would take away a lot of my stress and frustration over possible/ probably future shut offs.

I am all done on laundry and Becky is doing her bedding.
        Now I will go fill my gas up and get more cash and i
        should be as ready as can be and figure out what more I need to do to be better prepared in the future.

I can imagine what a hockey game with Boston might be! Those people are fans like no other! Good luck and hope your guy is not out too long.
        Most of my kids were into scarey movies. I used to read the books but got to the place I just could not keep it out of my head! Now I don’t even watch the commercials!
        Hallmark is my genre! Happy endings mixed with hot cocoa and beautiful scenery!
        I usually look up to see where a movie was filmed. Canada is the usual filming place even though many stories are set in New England. Wonder what kind of a deal Hallmark and Canada made?

Becky is using the computer to do a paper and get it printed off even though it is t due until Tuesday but who knows how long we will be without the pc?
        I decided I am getting a laptop. My iPad is really old and so is my desktop. I decided while I am still working is the time to buy something I will need but on a budget will be hard to afford. Checking things off my list!

Karlinann, I will have time and sunshine tomorrow to work outside! A positive in this. And our temperatures go up into the 80’s during the day and that is a positive!
        I am going to rake as my exercise and be happy!

I need to get my chicken out of the oven and this phone charged up.

Thank you all for asking about me and I hope you know I think of all of you throughout my day!

Comment

Working...
        X