Friday, October 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, October 25

Good morning Rounders! We went to the new security meeting and it sounds like it will be a good system. I know they will raise our HOA fees though. It's only a matter of time.

I only had one Hummingbird Vine to come up this year and it was in a bad place so I moved it and now it has 2 blooms. That is wonderful becuz I was afraid it wouldn't survive the transplant. Now it will set seed and come back again and again. Maybe next year I will have lots of seed to save and I can spread it around. The Hummers just love those blossom's.

My Lime trees look fine after their transplant and I will get out there this morning and water them, and tomorrow the irrigation system will water them again. It is so dry already and I will have to watch and water to save them. I'm praying for rain again already.

I have a couple of housecleaning projects to do, but I don't know that they will get done today.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning! No sun today and probably none for the next 3 days. BLAH! Yesterday was gorgeous though.

Yesterday was super productive in a housecleaning way. We thought we'd zip right thru the front room, but that was a joke. We ended up tearing down all the old heavy plastic blinds which was bridle & yellow from all the sun for many years. Many snapped when bumped. We then hung the lace curtains. That was 13 windows. It looks so nice! Sue was ruthless, and things disappeared ...never to be found again! LOL!!! I must say though, it looks so nice. We then finished up the Livingroom. After she left, I kept piddling around.

State Farm called checking on things. We discussed the whole debacle of my claim, and I ask if possibly they would pay to have my entire car detailed since they've inconvenienced me so much with all their delays. She checked and it would be illegal to do that...pay for something that wasn't necessary. I figured it didn't hurt to ask. She told me I was the nicest mad person.

Also got a call from the Principal. Blaise got in trouble on the bus two days in a row for standing while it was moving. He claimed it was because he was ADHD, which he is not. I text Kathy and told her the latest story. She then called the principal and had a good talk with him. I begged her not to be rude and she wasn't. This morning first thing after I get Blaise on the bus, I'm going to the school for a meeting with the counselor to make arrangements for Blaise. I'll be there before the buses arrive. She could have done it over the phn, but I like face to face meetings when it comes to the kids.

Then it's home to put the finishing touches on the house...my room & the bathroom. My friend Maureen should be arriving around 5pm or a little later depending on the traffic. She'll be arriving during rush hour and there is no rushing about it. We will then take Blaise down to Kathy's for the next couple of days. We'll have dinner on the way home. It's a girls weekend. Kathy originally said she'd come join us tomorrow morning, but she now claims I never told her. She REALLY needs to write things down. So it'll just be Becca joining us later in the morning tomorrow. We'll be making & canning our applesauce then head out mid-afternoon for our girls' day/night out. Becca has joined us the last several years now that she's grown up. Kathy is jealous, but she doesn't join in.

Time to get lil man up....have a good day!!!!! KA...you amaze me. I still haven't planted a plant I got back in July and you keep transplanting. We each have our own passions & mine isn't gardening.

Comment

Good morning a little more rushed than what I like it to be. Today and tomorrow are apple butter time at my sisters. I won’t join today. I have to work this morning then this afternoon daddy will drop me at home to make cookies for tomorrow.

I may not make it in the morning

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Enjoy your weekend Beth.

Morning...rained a bit yesterday afternoon and stayed cool. Only time I left the house was to pick up Andrew from the bus. He said the computer teacher took him from PE to work on his past due home work. Evidently Jon also talked to his mom and she will be contacting the teacher to see if there is a problem or just a personality clash. I really think both. Mom did call here to see what hour computer is so she did do something. When Andrew is over whelmed he can give you attitude like you have never seen. Well, I have seen it before because I raised his father so I recognize it. But you cannot have a conflict with a teacher no matter who is at fault. You gotta learn to deal with things...you also have to know that mom and dad will have your back so you need to talk.

We had pancakes and eggs for supper. That is our new comfort food. No school today so no kid and no cooking. I haven't cooked much this week but we have not eaten out once either. Who would thought they would be so self sufficient around here? Good upbringing!

Karlinann wish you were close enough to look my front shrubs. One died and I swear a dog used it every morning and another is not healthy. Maybe they are not meant for the place they are but the other two look great. Guess I will wait until spring and see what needs doing. They are spireas so you would have thought nothing could harm them. Probably that big brown dog. I watched him yesterday try to stalk a squirrel. That dumb big ugly dog thinks it is a beagle or some hunting dog. He stands there with his leg up and his tail straight and then sneaks in....until I make noise and then he looks at me, but never mind cuz I am behind my fence. I may call him big, ugly and dumb but only from behind the fence! Jon told me when his owner comes by to smile and wave because he is not to sure the fence will save me. LOL!

No plans for today. The yarn came yesterday. In fact everything I had ordered came yesterday. It was like Christmas on my porch! Of course in a few days the credit card bill will come in and I will be thinking..'yikes it isn't even Christmas yet'. The color Andrew picked out is different...a lot of black and bright colors. As long as he is happy. I am ready to finish Sierra's and don't seem to be doing much other than crocheting. And watching the Blues win last night. They play again both Saturday and Sunday this weekend. Suppose to rain tomorrow on their Six Flags Fright Night trip. They will go anyway
      so hope the forecast is wrong. Jon bought ponchos and lunch fixins so it will have to blow heavy for them to cancel.

Cookie, I need to do a good cleaning. Yesterday I did dust in the living room. I really think if I could get the room finished I would feel more like cleaning the rest of the house. But maybe not! Enjoy your weekend with your friend. I know you do.

What are your temps Karlinann during the day? What type of a fall and winter do you have in Florida? Paula been following the fires again and they are talking of power outages. I cannot imagine there is much left to burn...

Have a good day people.

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Maxie, it has been in the 80's this week, and the morning temp is 64. It gets really hot around 3 pm if the sun is shining. We have clouds today becuz it's supposed to rain.

Winter's here are heavenly. It gets in the high 60's or 70's most days and we only have about 2 wks of really cold nights in late January or early February. The farmer's here start a lot of their crops in January and by spring they are ready to harvest. Like potatoes. They grow a lot of crops here in Florida, so it's not just about the citrus. I love the Florida's Natural Orange Juice because it's a true Florida farmer's crop of oj and the juice is from Florida oranges and not shipped in from other places. It's really good.

Fall is okay right now, but this year it's much hotter than past years. It's been much hotter everywhere this year. I love the cool mornings, but up here on top of this hill we get wind and we're closer to the sun, so the soil dries out quickly. I'm having to mulch everything in order to keep my plants. You can bet I'll be mulching every single leaf I can get my hands on this year.

I have a Banana Pepper on one of my plants. OMG! I could not believe it!

That dog peeing on your bush killed it. They pee on the same plant over and over and I've had my dogs to do that same thing. I hate that for you. I wish the owner would keep that big ugly dog out of your yard. That is not being responsible.

Paula, I'm really concerned for you and your daughter and family. California does not seem safe now. Take special care and many blessings to you and yours.
      "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

I am having a morning here. Not in the mood to work with all the worry about power! I have not received a notice but Everyone around me has! Tomorrow evening afternoon and night power will be shut off!
        I have realized that much of my storage food does not do me any good when there is no way to cook it or keep it cold. I am not going to get a generator as I do not have space to store fuel or the ability to keep one in working condition. My MN brother asked if I have thought about moving out of state. As soon as Becky finishes school. I did not think I would ever say anything like that. Taxes and power company are going to be my tipping point!

So I cooked up the two salmon filets and will cook chicken thighs later today. Hoping the new big ice chest and Lots of ice will keep food cold enough long enough.
        Any ideas you have for ready to eat food send by!
        My go to comfort food of little doughnuts is not what I need..,

So, I dusted and did floors in daycare and it sure looks great. Where the kids walk in from outside always gets sand and dust tracked in on a daily basis.

Along with having a kid’s back, parents and kids and teacher all need to be on the same page. All meeting together can clear up what is being said, assigned and expected.

My big errands for today are getting cash and gas and then food. And blocks of ice. I have friends who offered space in their freezer and I am taking them up on it this time. They have a big generator for their whole house!
        Maybe my jury duty will be cancelled due to no power?

I need to adjust my attitude! Putting a smile on right now!

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          I am not sure I would to adjust my attitude...you have a lot to be angry and worry about.
      Working...
      X