Thursday, October 24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday, October 24

Good morning Rounders! We did good at the grocery store yesterday. We got that delicious thing for our dinner too! Steak!! It was so tender. Loved it! I also got Gala Apples for $1.49 a 3 lb bag. Great buy! I got two bags. I stocked up on Chocolate morsels and put them in the freezer for those cookies I'll be making. It was a fun shopping day. They had a hiring line going out the door almost. Doing interviews on the spot I suppose. They will be prepared for the 2 foodie holidays that will be here soon.

I did not get in the garden at all yesterday. I went out to the patio and looked at my Rose cuttings that I'm trying to propagate and they are still green. I basically stayed in the house all the live long day except for the grocery run and that patio viewing of the rose cuttings. Oh, and I also gathered a handful of Morning Glory seeds. I am going to have a bunch to come up there next year because I heard several drop on the ground while I was gathering, and there are more seed pods forming. Hurray!!!

Today we have to attend a mandatory meeting regarding our new security system that the complex has installed. Today is yard waste pick-up day too and my trash cans are overflowing.

We have a good chance of rain today and 3 more days after.

Tonight dinner will be Tex Mex with a Margarita on the side!!! Just kidding ~ we don't even drink. LOL! That was my favorite drink for a long time though.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning..I need to get out of my bed and get myself in gear. The first thing I am doing is getting the gluten free brownies for tonight into the oven. I am going to a poker night at a friends. Another friend is coming and she is on a special diet.

Comment

Morning...I also love a good Margarita! But I do not drink a drop when driving and when I go out with friends I have to drive to get there. No idea what we will eat today but I am leaning toward a carry out night. Drew has early dismissal today and now school tomorrow.

Heard the weatherman use a very bad word for next week. He said on Halloween we could have the first snow flurries of the season. First and last would be good. Andrew is not Trick or Treating this year but his uncle said he would take to boys to the big parade downtown in Alton. Jon is taking the kids to Six Flags Fright Night Saturday. Looks like they will have plenty of Halloween without trick etc. No one ever comes here so I do not have to replenish the candy jar. Just hope the rain predicted for the weekend holds off until Sunday!

Yesterday I did laundry and a general pickup. I can always pick up something and not having that shelf hung is driving me crazy. Down to working in the last two skeins of yarn into my afghan. My new order has been shipped so hopefully it will be here before I am done with these two. Don't know what I will do today but have ironing. And a Hallmark movie playing. Blues play tonight so something to look forward to. Need to remember to meet the bus.

Bet you feel better by resting a but yesterday Karlinann. My mom had morning glories that went up the shed in the back. I can see her hanging out laundry with the morning glories behind her. My dad strung string for them to wind up. Funny what you remember....

Have a great day people. You are welcome for the wind cookie...if you are getting our weather after we are finished with it you will have another day of wind today...but it did reach 70 yesterday and was sunny. No idea what today will bring.

Comment

well our power stayed on and our wind should be dying down. Not counting on anything.
        I am still waiting for the jury call! I may call them later or tomorrow if I can find some quiet time to call. Maybe having kids noises in the background may get me some sympathy?

I love morning glories! I have tried starting them but they did not grow. I think I will try again. A memory I have is a combination of flowers and clothesline’s in my grandmothers yard as well as many different yards I grew up in. My mother always planted flowers from seed!
        And homemade cookies and cakes. Because my mother baked things for my school classes I always did, too.

I cleaned floors this morning and washed throw rugs. All before the kids arrived. Not sure where that burst of energy came from but I am glad i used it!

Yuck! A breeze is starting up outside..
        The other day (Tuesday) I posted it was 80* at 8:00??? The low that night was only 67*! No wonder we are in Red Flag Warning for fires.

Well, you can see there is nothing special to my day.
        Those rest days are what keep us going on the other days, Karlinann, right?
        I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Comment

Paula, remember to soak your seeds in warm water the night before you plant them. It helps speed up the germination process because they have a hard seed coating.
          "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Working...
          X