Wednesday, October 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday, October 23

Good morning Rounders! I did not take my advice yesterday and rest another day. At daylight which is a few minutes after 7 am I went out to take out the compost and next thing you know I'm over there digging that grass/weeds out again. I got a 5x5 area cleaned out and I decided to move the Lime trees that were in the pots on the patio to the Bank. I did that. They are not good shade tree specimens anyway and it would take them years to get big enough to bear fruit, so on the Bank they went.

I had to move one of my Red Fountain Grasses that was in a prime spot for one of the Lime trees, so out it came and I put it at the bottom of the Bank. I got those planted and everything watered in good and then I picked up all the debris and it was enough to fill two garbage cans. I was starting to feel very nauseous and kind of dizzy sick. I came in and showered immediately. I was still feeling nauseous so I thought maybe I was sick because I was hungry. I had a Really Bad Vertigo attack. This has happened to me twice before in my life and it scared me then, and it scared me yesterday.

DH had been working out at the Fitness Center and when he got home I told him what was happening. He told me to lie down to see if that would help. I did and it didn't. It just kept getting worse. I asked him to call my pcp, so he called and my pcp is not in on Tues. afternoons, but he teaches. So, they told me to go to the Urgent Care Center, and tell them my pcp sent me so they would bill it differently. Let me explain. My health insurance requires me to go to an Urgent Care Center which is way downtown. I've never been to it and truthfully I don't think we should be limited to where we go for UC, but that is the way they operate.

I kept getting sicker and almost vomited, but dh put me in the car and got almost to the UC that is close to us. I started feeling better and my nausea subsided so I figured out it was a bad Vertigo attack. Did I mention that I took my B/P and it was very normal and so was my pulse, so that also made me realize it was Vertigo. What I forgot about doing all that work outside is the tossing of the grass and weeds and stuff flying through the air and my nose. I am so susceptible to sinus infections that trigger the Vertigo. That is what triggered all that nausea and dizzy spells. And to add insult to injury, after my shower I had leaned over to trim my toenails instead of sitting in a chair. I should know better than to bend over like that for any length of time. Also, remember on Monday, while I was taking a break from gardening I dusted this dirty house and the dust was flying like crazy. It culminated into one sick girl.

In the future I will have to be very, very careful around dust. I am ok today. I slept for almost the entire night. I do not feel sick. I am so glad I didn't go to UC. I would have had to sit in there for many hours while they tried to figure out what was wrong. I did take a baby aspirin here after lunch and that helped me, and I just rested the whole afternoon.

Today is trash pick-up day and dh has it at the curb already. We will go shopping at Aldi's and see what they have, but our list is short. I would like to get something delicious for dinner tonight. Last night we had Roast Beef sandwiches with Cheddar. I sliced some of that Pot Roast and toasted the bread and cheese under the broiler and I made tater tots to go with. It was so good. I had Horseradish with mine.

Peace & Plenty. My coffee is ready and I'm off to play games on AARP.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning! Wow that is one scary story Karlinann. I would have really been in a panic with all those symptoms. Glad you feel better and have a handle on what caused it. Now will you slow down? We have an Urgent Care close by...I use it for fast access when I get stung or if we know Sierra has a UTI or Andrew strep throat. They are so much easier and faster than waiting to see a doctor or sitting in an ER. We use the one close but are able to use any urgent care available. Maybe the one they were sending you to is affiliated with your doctor?

Yesterday was a very windy day around here. Blew me all over the parking lot while loading the car with grocery bags, Being beat up by the wind is exhausting! And it is not good on your hair! Wind blown is not a fancy look!! Not that I cared...after hauling groceries I was done in. Last night I was in bed at 8:30 and slept until 4:00. My guys were good about supper. Andrew dove head first into the deep freeze and got to pick what he wanted...stupid frozen pizza...can you imagine? Jon and I both had leftover turkey and potatoes when we felt like it. I was to tired to go out and they were fine with a whatever night. Humm...wonder if that will work tonight?

For two nights Andrew has made cracks about his computer teacher. Last night I texted his mom and told her and ask her to not mention hearing anything from me because I want him to tell me things, ya know? She said she would talk to him. He does not like this teacher and she is moving to fast for him and making the kids do for themselves. Isn't a teacher suppose to teach? She told Andrew to push buttons and find what he wanted so he got aggravated and hit delete on purpose and then told her she told him to push buttons. You cannot let that behavior get started and animosity will grow. He is a slow reader and takes him longer to figure it out...why can't she just show him? Never met the old gal but I don;t like her much either! Anyway I hope his mom starts watching the situation. I hear first hand because he is talking over meals or he will come in and chat while I am in the kitchen. Some days you get nothing from kids but when they say something I think I should pass it on...but not get blamed for blabbing!

No plans for today but could find something to do. I get up and do something then sit and crochet. I cannot do that for hours on end like I used to but I am making progress. My hands are getting cold so need to check the temp in here...furnace may be telling me I am not home. Funny how it thinks it knows where I am. Have a good day everyone...Karlinann I admire how you cook meals daily...I am feeding a kid here and not inspired at all. Hello to anyone coming up behind me if I don;t come back later.

Comment

Good morning..I didn’t sleep very good tonight and have a full day ahead of me. I need to get my mom’s 3 plants out front replaced. They died after mom got them and planted them. Lowe’s will be replacing them for free.

I need to start working on stuff that I have neglected. I need to make cookies..brownies and cowboy Caviar for Saturday. Brownies are for tomorrow night.

My parents will be here tomorrow evening. Apple prep for apple butter day on Saturday at my sisters starts Friday.

Comment

Good windy morning. So far, so good; we still have power and are not showing up on the map of potential outages.
        Not counting on it, though, I baked an apple snack cake a friend requested.

One toddler arrived crying and trying to get out the door. Can I blame it on the wind? Usually a bottle calms him right down.

Still have not heard from the tree trimmers! The minute I start to spend money I am sure they will show up, but I was hoping to get it all cut before the leaves really start dropping.

What a scare, Karlinann! Do rest up and pace yourself.

I have not heard back from the jury commissioner and can not do much about it.
        The parents all know what is coming and know I have done all I can.
        Ah! The crying has stopped and he is out with the rest of us. ( He was in the baby room before, so I could get him away from the front door!)

Well, not much of interest here, folks!
        Wait! It is my son’s birthday!
        last night a friend asked how old he would be: I mentally did the math. No! This is 2019
        and he was born in 1974!
        What? I have a 45 year old son?!
        It’s a good thing I am so proud of him.
        Time Flies!
        hope you all are enjoying every minute!

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          My Scott turned 45 this year and it was a shock. I know what you mean...how did THEY get so old when I am still so young? Then you add in I graduated high school in 1965 (I like to add that I was 17 when I graduated because I know that takes a year off my age) and married in 1970...maybe I am not as young as I think? Time does fly!!

Good Afternoon. Thanks for the wind Maxie...it reached us this morning. Glad for the sunshine though.

Yesterday was good. Got the sugar cookies baked off and then I spent part of the afternoon cleaning & organizing the dining room. I'm wanting Cork to move the newer refrigerator into the dining room and where to put it was a problem. By evening it finally came to me where to put it, so Sue & I moved everything to make room for it. Now for Cork to actually move it. My brother Tom is to come help. Of course my timeline & theirs is completely different. I wanted it done this week before Maureen comes, but that's not going to happen. Oh well.

I was going thru Blaise's bookbag and couldn't find his Math workbook, just the hardback book. I looked 3x and sorted thru everything. Couldn't find it. Well there is a quiz today on long division, and I wasn't letting him get away with doing nothing, so I printed off 3 pages for him to do. Well wouldn't you know after we did a few problems, he went stomping off into the Livingroom and came back out with his Math workbook. It was in the bookbag Grandma! Baloney! He had someone on the bus help him again, and he knew I wouldn't allow that, so I rewrote the problems, and we worked them together. We watched The Great Pumpkin. He had never seen it.

This morning Sue & I worked on the kitchen and dining room cleaning them both. Tomorrow we'll work on the front room and Livingroom. Before Sue arrived, I slipped to DG to pick up cat food. They had a whole buggy full of hula hoops for $.10 ea at the entrance. I called the school to see if they'd use them if I bought them, and they will, so I called DG and ask if she would save them for me until noontime. I went back and scoured the 90% off bins and left spending $31 total. I got things for the school, church, Sue, Christmas, and pool stuff for us. Guess we'll have to open the pool next year after all.

Not sure what the rest of the day will bring. There is way more cleaning to be done.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Working...
        X