Tuesday, October 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, October 22

Good morning Rounders! My joints are still aching this morning. I guess I will have to take it easy another day. This getting old is not my cup of tea.

Nothing on the list today. We went out to lunch yesterday at our fave Italian place and it was so good. I brought home half of my meal.

We got more good rain yesterday and I'm very thankful.

I'm having more Arthritis in my hands these days. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning. A little cool this morning. I understand stiff and achy Karlinann...who would have ever thought aches would MAKE me get up mornings? Not a fan of damp and cold weather even though the temps are not freezing and it is not damp.

Today I need to grocery shop. I should have gone yesterday with Jon home to haul bags or we could have gone after supper so Andrew could carry in bags but I gotta tell you taking these boys to the store is a pretty expensive venture. What is with men and junk food? Once you get out of the cookie aisle I am pretty content but these guys find something they need in every aisle. Then you hit checkout and stand in line which gives them more time to go back for something they have missed. So I have a huge list and will go alone and haul them in alone and then put them away alone and hide the treats I bought for me!

Yesterday for the most part I crocheted and watched movies. Ordered more yarn to finish Sierra's afghan and Andrew picked out more for his. His is not big enough but we all knew that when I first started it that I didn't have enough yarn. Blues won last night. Not sure what we will have for supper until it hits me while in the grocery store. Andrew will always eat grilled cheese and tomato soup and his dad does not complain about no meals prepared. He will either look for something or we will go out. There are leftovers from our delish turkey dinner. Funny how I know I am not cooking that day before my feet hit the floor. It must be intuition.

Ready for another cup of coffee. Problem with being an independent women is I am home alone without a servant to keep the coffee hot. Probably called living within your modest means but I think it should be called not fair that I have to get up and fill my own coffee cup.

Have a good day and another days rest might be a good idea Karlinann.

Comment

Good Morning! It's raining a nice gentle soaking rain, but it's so dark & dreary. Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous.

Yesterday wasn't as productive as I would have liked, but oh well. I did get 8 pumpkin rolls made. Took some of the ends to Mel's and got my baking orders for tomorrow. I did get a bunch of sugar cookie dough mixed up for today. A few Christmas orders got called in, which is a good start. That's all I want them to do. I'm not asking them to take their orders next week.

This morning Sue is coming to bake. I need pie dough made & rolled, so that'll be her first job, and in the meantime I'll be rolling & cutting sugar cookies. I've already got two apple pies in the oven. One is for a customer (who I don't know but he get's my pies from the stand) who is dying from cancer & has a craving for a dutch apple pie, and the other is for my new "apple guy" who didn't charge me anything extra when he went to the Amish country to buy the apples.

Later tonight I'll make & bake Mel's apple pies for tomorrow & ice her carrot cake. The rest of the pies are frozen cream pies. I'll probably be spending the day baking off the sugar cookies. It takes forever. Corky is SUPPOSE to be getting the curtain rods put up for the front room so that Sue & I can get the curtains up and the place looking nice before Maureen arrives on Friday afternoon. I'm hiring Sue to help me clean. I detest cleaning, but get it done if someone helps me. Maureen is into completed projects, and this project was talked about last October, so I've GOT to get it done before she arrives. She's very type A when it comes to doing projects. I have a million other things to do in my kitchen, and doing other household projects just don't make my list.

Relax Karlinann.

Have a good one all!

Comment

I am already at work..not clocked in though. My sis showed up 20 minutes early! I wasn’t even close to ready but made out the door with out making her wait to long. I hate rushed mornings. She didn’t realize how early she actually was. Oh well. Work today and starting on the projects I need to get done some for Thursday night some for Friday.

Comment

I am in daycare and trying to have another good day. Yesterday was really good. Not the usual crying and mess of just coming off a weekend. But there is more noise this morning.

As of this morning our county is Off the shut down power list. I bought a lot of emergency supplies last night, but if we don’t use them tomorrow I will be ok and will have them ready. And surprise, surprise, gas prices went up right as we all went to fill up yesterday before the published turn off. Think someone is trying to make a few bucks off all this?

I made sugar cookies for the daycare. Early so they were ready to bake as parents arrived. This group of kids is Eyes On All the time! In most years I coujd always run to the kitchen for putting food in the oven, etc. not these guys.

ok. Enough of that! It is a job I love and can adjust to kids.

I hope your plans are well on their way to being done.
          And the aches and pains are on their way out!

Comment

80* at 8:00 pm!
            crazy!!!

Comment

Working...
            X