Monday, October 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, October 21

Good morning Rounders! Paula, I was a little concerned about you yesterday, but glad you're ok and it was tech problem. Sure do hope you can get a postponement on that jury. I've only gotten one in my life and I had moved to another state. I had to call and get out of it.

I worked on the Bank again yesterday morning from 7 am or daylight to 10 am. I got a lot of the grass dug out, I moved 3 of those heavy pavers, and I moved a Lime tree. It is already looking amazing, but I have many more pavers to move. I will get DH to help move the rest, but today I have to take a break. My muscles and joints are hurting so bad. I did too much yesterday and when I came in I took a Tylenol and a Dramamine together. Mistake!!!! The Dramamine was for my Vertigo because I was dizzy and my sinuses were messed up. That combo made me feel like the one time when the ER gave me a Demerol shot because my old knee was so bad that I couldn't walk. I had the knee replaced and have never wanted another shot of Demerol. I was scared yesterday and I'll never do that again. One or the other, but not both. Wow!! I hate drugs or medicine of any kind, but sometimes you need something to get you through.

Our Pot Roast dinner was wonderful. Gosh, I think it was the best PR that I have made in a very long time. The Caramel Apple Strudel was superb! We have not treated ourselves to dessert for many months and that was wonderful.

I've decided to make treats for my PCP's office staff this year for Christmas. I think it will be cookies or fudge, or maybe both. The fudge is much easier.

I have been redoing my hardscaping, (pavers) and (plants) in my mind and I just have to be careful what I move in the plant section, but I'm definitely moving all those pavers to the Bank, except for the ones around the Fountain Grasses. I have 2 of them in the front yard and they are big, (HUGE) after 2 years of growth. I love them, and I love the way the wind makes them sway. I will use all those pavers on the Bank for sure. I am anxious to get it completed, but I've got all winter and the rest of fall too.

Have a great day! Peace & Plenty.

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Work last night left me not wanting to go back. It was frustrating in every way it could be.

Today is a new day...work then no plans.

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Hugs to you dear one. That mean old job!

Winds are coming this week and I just got more warnings about power may be shut down again! We have ordered battery lanterns and are getting a bigger ice chest this evening. I will not close on parents if they have to work. It is just crazy.

Ok, going to be positive! Our weather will be sunny and warm, so there is that!

The weekend was great! Saw friends I had not seen in a long time at the Anniversary party. They had a wonderful cake from that Cake War winning bakery where I bought Becky’s grad cake. It was a vanilla cake ( the one they won with) and super good but we both decided we like the chocolate one we bought the best!

I have to get my new dress hemmed. I put it on thinking I was weaseling it to church but it was dragging even with heels! So, off to the cleaners to get hemmed up. I don’t usually have that problem.

Karlinann, our pot roast was delicious and the Spectrum guy even said how good it smelled! It was not done or I would have offered him some. The daycare will get it along with red potatoes and baby carrots today.

I better get moving. So comfy sitting here with you all!
    Take care of those sore muscles!
    Beth, I hope work goes better.
    Make it a great day!

Comment

Good morning all.

Where is Maxie. I miss her humor when she doesn't post.

Today is laundry and phone calling day. Have the first load about to come out of the washer. Also multitasking in that I'm boiling a couple chicken thighs to make some chicken and noodles.

Hope all have a good day.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning! Slept in this morning with the sounds of a thunder storm. They are such a good sleeping potion! Plus we needed the rain. Most of the severe weather was south of us so all we had was a little thunder and lightening.

Put a turkey breast in the crock pot last night and the house smells like turkey. I am not sold on turkey smelling so good but I do love the flavor. When Jon gets up he will take the bones out and we will heat it up in gravy for supper. He will also mash potatoes and I will enjoy just sitting down and eating a turkey dinner. I love it on his days off!

I think two of the Hallmark stations are already into Christmas movies...I do know that is how I spent my weekend. That and laundry, which I could do again today. Dressing in layers sure does make a lot of laundry! Sierra wants one of our Christmas trees and we (me) are trying to decide if I want the big one I bought when I moved in or the skinny one we bought last year because of space. I loved that big fat Christmas tree and you do not find then that often anymore, but when we moved the furniture around it just didn't fit so we bought a less full one. I need to keep the skinny tree but it is killing me to give her and that bf my big full tree. Yep, that is how petty I am....don't want to give him a tree that is now just sitting in the basement taking up space. Yes, I do begrudge him food, air and Christmas trees. I need to make a decision soon because I know Sierra will be putting up that tree in a couple of weeks. Her mother was like that...pumpkins in the yard and a Christmas tree all lite up.

I need to start the Christmas shopping. It goes quickly once I start just have to get the ideas in my head and so far I have not been inspired. Saturday I ordered a sweatshirt Sierra wanted from Kohl's. It would not let me deliver to the store so wanted to charge me 8.95 shipping...for a sweatshirt? Then it was only giving me 4.50 on a 5.00 Kohl's cash. So I was going to pay the shipping but taking part of my Kohl's cash was not fair...ya know? So I called. I do get wild hairs and stand up for myself and that 50 cents just bothered me. When I called, she took off the shipping, gave me my full 5.00 and then for my trouble gave me another 5.00 off. That worked out pretty good! Now I have to decide if I will give it to her on her bday or save it for Christmas. Isn't often you get a bargain.

Ok, now you all know I resent giving away things I do not need or actually want because of where they are going and that I will waste an hour on the phone bitching about 50 cents. If you are going to throw things at me make it cookies from Donna! Karlinann take care of yourself. I am thinking your husband could probably carry those pavers faster than you. No idea what the day will bring here. Hope all of you have a great one!

Comment

• karlinann
          karlinann commented
          Editing a comment
          Keep the big tree. She will not have decorations enough for it anyway. You can always rearrange the furniture a bit for the holidays.

I already know what I'll be getting DH for one of his gifts. He needs a new pole light and I will find him a really good one.

I went through this house like a cleaning Ninja this morning. I dusted, I cleaned the floors, I did laundry and I took the Box fan apart and cleaned it up. Boy was it dusty.

I also cleaned the windows on the Lanai, and cleaned the microwave and my 6 ft table and the other two tables out there. The microwave is just for drying flowers and the 6 ft table is folded up, but it had gotten really dirty where the window was open since spring. On a really hot day I plan to take all the chair cushions out and scrub them with cleanser and the water hose. They are filthy. We will definitely have some more very hot days.

Good Morning...it is still morning, right? After waddling to the bathroom with my legs crossed, my feet were flying. TMI???

Yesterday was good for the most part. Kody & Liz picked up Blaise around 1230, and took him to one of the many farms around doing their thing this time of year. While he was doing that, I started cooking. Got Corky's lunch food ready for the week. How can someone eat the same thing every week for 3 years straight? Made fried cabbage & noodles for cards, and assembled an apple crisp for cards that I baked one I got there. It was SOOOOO good with ice cream. We had a really nice evening. Lots of laughing.

This morning I zipped into town for eggs and a few other things. I'm making pumpkin rolls currently. Each one takes 3 eggs, and I'm making 8. I was out of eggs. How's that happen when I buy 6-8 doz at a time? Got my freezers somewhat organized before I started. Call Linda from the farm stand to see if she wanted the peaches I froze for their pies. She said no, but that she would gladly store them in her freezer for me during the cookie season. That's one extra storage freezer filled, then I'll be farming some out to my Mom's & Aunt J's.

Meeting Sue for lunch once I'm done with the pumpkin rolls. Mel's special is turkey dinner, and that sounded really good to both of us. Then it's back to mix up cookie dough for tomorrow's baking and hopefully start icing sugar cookies for my fall & Thanksgiving orders.

Comment

Working...
        X