Sunday, October 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, October 20

Good morning Rounders! I had a busy day in the yard yesterday. First I transplanted 5 Cleome's that were coming up in my Lime tree pot. They get 5 feet tall and there was definitely not going to be enough room in that pot for them. There were weeds to pull and succulents to transplant. I also picked up a bushel of leaves and added them to my compost pile.

I was pretty much exhausted by then and braked for lunch. I had every intention of resting for the remainder of the day, but when the afternoon came I went back out there. I started moving pavers to the Bank. I only had enough energy to move 3 and set them. Those suckers are very heavy. I have to put one on the spade and drag them from the front yard to the back. I have a cart, but our yard is pure sand on that side of the house and I have a difficult time pulling it through that sand. The spade works much better. I have lots more pavers to move and will only do 3 at a time. My knee is not strong enough for much physical labor and since it's on a steep grade it's even more challenging. I may not be able to do that often, but I'm going to try.

I made a huge avocado salad for dinner and DH had chicken with his. I like just a good fresh garden salad. Don't know what is for dinner. Maybe Pot Roast and Apple Strudel, if I bake it this morning while it's cool. I can put the Pot Roast in the crock.

I ended up messing up two sets of clothes yesterday and taking 3 showers. I'll have to do better and get er' done while I'm out there. It was cloudy pretty much all day and that is good for me.

Have a great day! Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning everyone.

Sunday....time of rest. And let me tell you, I do need it. My back is hurting so bad. Will call tomorrow to my pain management Dr. to get an injection. Hard telling how long I'll have to wait for the injection. Haven't had one since last January, so it is way past getting one.

Hope all enjoy their day of rest.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning..out the door in 45 minutes and I am still on the couch in my jammies...I am feeling extremely lazy!

Comment

Good Morning! The sun is trying to peek out and the temps aren't too bad.

Yesterday was sort of productive. I baked off the rest of the sugar cookies. Sue cut them out Friday and I just worked on baking them off slowly but surely. The Christmas shapes will be going into the freezer to be iced next month.

The meat market just down the road called & they were ordering cases of chicken. I got a 40lb case of breasts for $45 and a 40lb case of drumsticks for $25. Got it all packaged into smaller bags & into the freezer. We had some of the drumsticks for dinner last night. YUM! We love dark meat.

At the one estate sale yesterday I got talking to the ladies, and we discussed pies & cookies. The granddaughter is getting married next August. So last night I baked them an apple pie and made them up a small sample cookie plate. Cork is going to drop them off when he's in town because they are still having their sale today. The proof is in the pudding and I'm trying to sell myself. They are really nice people. At the second estate sale I bought this nice looking lamp shade. It was in a large plastic bag and looked good. Well this morning something made me smell it & it smells like their basement which was a combination of urine smell & that old old basement smell. That lamp shade is out of here. Cork said he'd spray it. Sorry, I don't want that smell spreading in my house when the lamp light heats it up. BLAH!!! That was a waste of money.

This morning we went to church & SS. Cork has headed into town, and Blaise's Dad is coming to him to some farm with a maze or something. I'll have peace & quiet for a while. Going to cook. Cork's lunch food for the week, food for cards tonight, and the icing for the fall sugar cookies that I need to work on.

Good to see you all!

Comment

This the third try I am making...and my last. First one was long and newsy and I was told the server had aborted. No idea what that meant other than my post did not go through. Second time I just hit that mysterious key and lost it. This time I say good morning and have a great day.

Comment

Come on Maxie...try again....I want to know what all the news is.

Comment

Well, I have a new WiFi from Spectrum. And will be getting a new pc, probably a laptop...Not sure, but my desk top would not let me get here...it could have been more of what Maxie was dealing with.

Nice day and we have a week of temps in the 80’s coming at us.
              We went over to my mom’s after the Spectrum guy finished installing the WiFi and chatted there.

I got got a jury summons in the mail a few days ago and had to write and ask for a postponement. I drove that to the PO and now will just wait. I was told by a former jury commissioner that you can have a one time postponement but who knows if I asked decades ago. The jury duty is for the 30th and if chosen it would mean Halloween and that would just be so hard on the kids and their parents. Fingers crossed!

karlinann, I have that same pot roast cooking. Mine is in the oven. Kitchen smells so good. Red potatoes and carrots.
              My two spice cake mixes came today right after we got home from church. I need to bake it for Thursday. And next month starts our shelter so I will need to start planning those meals.
              What a great deal on chicken, Donna! I would buy a case of each, too, and maybe one of thighs!

Well, sorry to be so late, but happy I could get in. Hope your day has been restful!

Comment

Working...
              X