Saturday, October 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday, October 19

Good morning Rounders! We have been getting a light rain for a couple of hours at least. I cannot sleep anymore, so I'm up and having a snack and a cup of spice tea.

My doc visit was great. I got my flu shot, I've lost 4 pounds without even trying just by changing my diet, and I got a good report from the doc.

I went around the yard yesterday and did a little cleaning up. I pulled several Live Oak tree seedlings out of the ground. I def don't want anymore of those trees. They are from the roots of the neighbor's big Live Oak that they had cut down a over a year ago. They keep poppin' up like popcorn.

I pulled a dead Tea Tree Olive bush out of the ground that just didn't make it. It has been dead for a long time and I am just now taking it out. Boo hoo! That is the thing about transplanting bushes. If you don't get enough water to the root system right after transplanting they will not make it. I still have three bushes.

My garden is sparse and my yard is even sparser looking. It only looks good in the spring/summer, but mostly the spring.

I am sorry to say that I could not handle a Round Up. It's one thing to get on here and post every day, but an actual meet-up is a whole different ballgame. Count me out ladies! If you want to disown me after this revelation I totally understand. Just let me know and I will stop posting. I wish to remain unknown except for cyberspace.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning! Whew did I over sleep this morning. It is almost 9:00 but I was up at 4:00 watching a movie. Just seems strange odd to crawl out of bed this late.

Yesterday I did more sitting than piddling so today I need to do something constructive. Like a pile of laundry. Now that we are wearing heavier clothes the basket fills faster and is harder to carry. There isn't much time between season changes and we don't have acclimation time...just from shorts to freezing in two sweatshirts.

Jon texted up this morning and is taking the day off. No idea if he has a plan. If I don't hear him up I go down to wake him so a heads up is appreciated. Saves me a 4:30 a.m. trip down the basement steps! I do know I have no plan for my day. Hallmark Christmas movies all weekend so maybe the season has started? Sure beats turning on the news!! Blues play tonight so I have a goal to get through the day. Remembered that the chairs from the front porch need to be brought in..no one has lite the pumpkins out there and I even bought a new campfire lighter. They have been making a fire every night and last night the two guys sat out and roasted marshmallows. Which is fine and marshmallows are so good but they stink when they come in...ewww!

Got nothing to say and nothing I want to do so will play the day by ear. Karlinann, why would you stop posting? Who would start us every morning? Personally I like the camouflage of cyberspace myself. Saves me combing my hair and dressing before I come here every morning...ya know?

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Karli, I agree with what Maxie said. I have not been to any of the meetings myself. But that won't stop me from posting. I don't believe anyone has ever said you have to go to a "round up" to be a member of this "cyber home".

Well I have finished changing out every door hinge and door handles in this house. With my hands getting uncle athur, I can't turn knobs very well so I have put in all new level handles. It certainly feels good to get those jobs done.

As soon as it warms up, I'm going out to fertilize the yard with nitrogen. Then that job will be done for the year.

Hope all have a great day. Of course it seems with have a few sleeping in this morning.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

I am still under the covers. I have a hair cut sometime today and a plan to make spagetti for me and my hair dresser. She a long day today and doesn’t take time to eat so I am fixing food for both of us

Comment

that is so nice, Bethina!
          I am sitting in Walmart parking lot because my home internet is acting up. Like not booking all the way up.
          I called Spectrum and they said I could have a technician out tomorrow! Sunday! I said Sign me up!

We have tiny sprinkle rain drops right now. Of course I took a long time on my hair this morning to be ready for the 50th anniversary party this afternoon. Whatever.

Karlinann, please never stop posting! My reality is I love coming here to cyber chat and enjoy the friends time.

It is 58 out and enjoying my warm
          seat in the car.
          The cookies were a huge hit last night and are now my first choice to make and take.
          I had to order cake mixes from Amazon for the Apple s ack cake!
          Wouldnt you think stores would get in spice cake mixes for Fall?

Donna, if you can get the contact information from JoG’s daughter I would love to send a card.

Jostoy, I want/need new interior doors. Mine are the old wooden ones and at least need a freshening up.

Well, I have sat out front of Walmart long enough.
          I hope you all have a good stress free day!

Comment

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            I have noticed that stores are carrying less and less. They bitch about sales being down then push us to internet groceries. I have had to buy my coffee on line for over a year and it is easier to just go ahead and order the K cup hot chocolate for the boys when I do. I am having to order yarn on line! But thanks a lot because know I have a hankering for spice cake and cream cheese icing. Just what I do not need! Some of us do not have Karlinann's self control and can just diet!!

Good Afternoon! It's sunny & there is actually a bit of heat to it.

Yesterday was good. Baked all the misc cookies I needed for Sue's order. She rolled & cut the sugar cookies. I got about a third of them baked, but then quit for the evening. I had lunch with my cousin & SIL at the local Chinese place. We all ordered take out for our families so we didn't have to cook supper. Took Blaise & his friend down to Kathy's after they got off the bus. Had a quiet evening.

This morning Cork & I were off & running to two estate sales. The first one I got a Longenberger pie basket for $5 and Sue told me to keep an eye out for an old record player & got her one for $30. We were both thrilled. Talked to them quite a bit about pies & cookies, and ended up giving them the lists I just so happen to put in my purse this morning. The granddaughter is getting married next Aug and they want to order cookies. We then headed to one more and I got a few odd ball stuff & Cork got an air compressor he saw there last month when they had a sale. I found a couple 4qt non-stick pots which I use to make pie fillings in. Cork just rolls his eyes (the man that has 3 air compressors now) but my reasoning is they eventually aren't non-stk, and I have pans to replace them with that only cost me $1 each. Got to think ahead.

Came home and got a call that my two boxes of 40lbs of chicken (breasts & drumsticks) were ready for pickup. Now I've got to package them into smaller portions. Guess what we are having for supper?

KA...when had round ups for several years, we maybe got 5-15 ppl. It was fun but there are many that I've never met. In fact, I haven't met most of you here now. It's just fun to put a face & voice with someone, but not absolutely necessary. A girl can dream ya know.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Working...
          X