Thursday 17 october 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday 17 october 2019

Well, here I am! I was supposed to be in the hospital, but the doctor decided not to go that route and, AT THE LAST MINUTE, instead, put me on Home Health doing my infusions. The first one had to be done at the infusion center because a doctor had to be present.. I had that one on Tuesday. It went fine, but I had a bout of vomiting after I got home! I had my secomd yesterday morning and that one went better. The home health nurse came here and did the infusion. I have five more to go. It would have been faster and easier if he had put me in the hospital, but that would have been the smart thing to do. (No, I am NOT a happy camper and I am seriously thinking of changing doctors! (He waited almost 2 weeks before doing anything - to include not prescribing an antibiotic for the UTI for more than 2 weeks!!)

OK, enough griping! I have a long day today. I start 1st thing this morning with an infusion. (They take about 1 - 1 1/2 Then breakfast with friends at Cracker Barrel. Ii LOVE Cracker Barrel! I love breakfast, but I wish we were going to lunch instead. They have MARVELOUS fried chicken!! Tomorrow night, after Mass, a bunch of us are going to Mi Rancho to celebrate our former pastor's 75th birthday!! (Mexican food is not my favorite, but this place has hot dogs or chicken tenders and my stomach appreciates Gringo food! )

Well, it is almost 1:45 in the morning and I have to get up early. I will say goodnight to everyone - even those smart enough to be sound asleep already! Have a great day and do something good for yourself!!!
    "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Hey, good morning punkin, and good morning to you all. Punkin, I also love the Cracker Barrel and I want to go for that fried chicken, but right now I'm watching my B/P. I cheated yesterday with pizza and yep, the old B/P spiked again today.

We got a good rain late yesterday and it wind to go with. It blew down a palm frond and it has to be pretty strong to do that.

I have already organized our medicine cabinet this morning. OMG! Talk about a mess. I used 3 empty plastic ice cream containers and labeled them Pain-Headache, Heartburn, and Cold-Cough. I have all the extra otc meds in a storage bin in the cabinet over the fridge. I have our daily meds front and center in the other cabinet, easy to reach and separated on opposite sides. It will work and be much more organized.

I didn't do much at all yesterday besides grocery shopping.

Before you know it the time will change again, November 3. I am looking forward to winter. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Good morning..hard to think it is Thursday already. Yesterday we did have eggs and pancakes but at I Hop instead of our kitchen. Delicious!! I think Andrew could have had seconds...need to be careful taking a growing boy out to eat! He is also concerned about being bald and why his little fingers are crooked. Try explaining to him I also have crooked little fingers and genes. Then he said he is going bald because his hair is falling out. Such deep thoughts over pancakes and eggs. Oh, and he is making a Christmas list on his Ipad. He thinks he is going to hit the jackpot but I think going bald may not be his only pending disappointment.

I did a lot pf piddling things yesterday which did not add up to much but did clear out a pile of chores. Today I will get to some of the more noticeable things...dirt, dust, ironing. Jon is off so cooking is his problem. The last of my orders have arrived. Seems like you make one order and need 10 more things. The only hard part is the credit card bill.

Suppose to warm to 60 today. But I am going to stay home and work. But that is not set in rock if anyone needs me to go out. Jon also cleaned out the bathroom closet and I am amazed at all the half used OTC things we have in all different brands. He sorted it and put it in plastic baskets. How do you accumulate so much stuff and think of what you have paid for all that.

Thanks for the update on the time change. I knew it was later than Halloween. Well, it is early enough for another cup of coffee and to read some news. Scary world we live in people. Scarier people running it! Makes you wonder if the best years are really behind us.

Have a good day all of you...
      Last edited by maxie; 10-17-2019, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Good Morning! OK...I'm ready for my sunshine. I HATE dreary weather, which Fall mostly is.

Even though yesterday was dreary, I did get some things done. Got into town and did my banking and grocery shopping. It's been an expensive grocery week with all the items I've been buying to stock up for baking. What's even worse is unloading it at home and putting it all away.

I finally sat down and got my letters finished up and out into the mailbox. 90% of them were already in the envelopes, sealed, address, and just needed stamps. The remaining ones were new customers that wanted added to my mailing. That was a big weight off my shoulders.

Remember I told you about making that Italian Cream Cake, and she wanted it made with almonds & almond flavoring in the cake & icing? Well I heard from her after school. She said it was a huge hit with the other teachers. There is a bakery about a half an hour from here near Pittsburgh called the Oakmont Bakery, and it's the gold standard to most people. Very expensive. Well I was told the cake was like their almond torte, but better. I was floating on air. I needed such a compliment on such a dreary day. She said she's going to order more and other teachers were wanting to too.

Sue is coming soon and we are going to be making & baking lady locks. Today Mel's Place is having a grand opening celebration, and one of the specials is a $10 pep pizza. That's going to be dinner tonight.

Time to finish cleaning up the kitchen. Have a good one all! Val...your doctor is a turd!

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          I wish you lived next door to me but then I know I would die from some sort of fat disease. Eating Italian Cream Cake sounds like a wonderful way to go into a fat coma!

Good morning..I up and dressed way earlier than normal for my day off. I have alarm security repair guys here trying to fix my alarm system. It sounds as if it could be a bigger issue. When then guys leave I plan to find covers and watch tv or start doing the stuff I want to get done today.

This afternoon I am going with the lady that helps me. We are going to work out at the gym and do some organizational stuff. We are also going to a cooking class tonight.

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          We have a new gym Planet Fitness I think,coming in really close to me. I am going to sign up!

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          I wish I could sign up and go with you both. Sometimes you need a friend to laugh with so you don't notice how out of shape you are and how hard those machines are to operate!

Yay! It's lady Locks Day! Definitely a REd letter day kin my world! I am always dieting but I allow for special treats and those cookies are at the Top of my List!

It rained here last night and not sure if we are to have more today...having the mats gone from my play yard is wonderful. No standing water this morning. And the patio id cleared and the bikes were all parked on it so everything they need is dry.

I have cookies to make today. I went to the store again after daycare (three days in a row!?) and bought the Heath toffee bits. I am making Minnesota Munchers: a copycat recipe of the winner in the Taste of Home cookie contest some years ago. Really just a chocolate chip cookie variation with two kinds of chips and the toffee bits. I did buy pretzels, too, just in case I decide to make the salted caramel cookies. What I really wanted was some cherry extract to make a cherry almond Amish sugar cookie. I saw it on Pinterest and have everything except the extract and of course, neither one of the stores near me had it...I ordered it on Amazon and will let you know how it turns out. I love maraschino cherries and this uses them.

Val, you were definitely up when I was sound asleep. Sometimes when I do wake up in the middle of the night I wonder if you East coast friends are up and stirring your cups. Sure miss hearing JoG say she was ready for her cuppa...

Bethina, your idea is a good one! Fly into Saint Louis and see you and Maxie and then onto Florida...wish I was a more confident road trip driver. If it could be highways and not interstates and cities I think I would. I am not even a good Uber person. I have one friend who is and she lives in a much smaller town than I do but has no problem calling an Uber to take her around San Francisco when she has layovers at the airport...

I have been to Cracker Barrel only once and it was awesome! Breakfast after flying into Salt Lake and I sure wish we had one somewhere near me. We are getting a chic Fil-et in Redding so you never know when some other great chain will decide to have pity on us and start a store...the things I would buy besides food in the CB would be enough to put us on the corporate map, I am sure.

That going to the store after daycare is getting old! I am not sure why, other than the extract, but it is helping me add steps to my day and dollars to the local economy but that is not my goal (well, the steps are) and I need to make a better list on Saturday when I do the real shopping.

I am hoping today is calmer than yesterday. My food agent came for the morning snack and that was one time they were all quiet and happy and no one acted up. I guess that is all I really want in a day...like a mom: be good in public! And the visit was more fun conversation with Holly, my agent, than food check.. she said, I really could check you off without a visit; I know you feed the kids well.
        Nice to hear! Like Donna said: some compliments once in awhile just take you through the day.

Now, I want your carrot cake and the Italian cream cake, Donna!

Have a good Thursday, everyone.

Comment

Working...
        X