October 12, Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 12, Saturday

Good morning Rounders! I got my Systolic down 2 more points. Yay!

My neighbor called yesterday afternoon and asked if I would like to do crafts with her. She is an artist and is going to teach me to paint. Imagine that! I'll give it a go, but I have to wait until this Vertigo is gone. It's better today.

Nothing going on here today. I hope you are having a great weekend. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning! No sun this morning....dreary & wet. Yesterday was beautiful.

Yesterday was a good one. I had everything baked, but needed to get it all delivered, which I did by noontime. Felt good. Picked up my Mom and we had lunch at my last delivery. It was nice. Came home & took a nap. Had a relaxing afternoon. Got a text from the restaurant down the hill & got an order ready & delivered to them, and a customer called for 2 pies, and got them baked & ready. OK...think I'm clear for the weekend. HA! They are all blessings. I did sit down and watch a Disney movie with Blaise.

This morning I'm heading to the church, and a few of us are going to prep the meal for tomorrow. There is another team that takes it & serves it. I've never done that, but they have a regular group that does it. We all have our part. Don't know what the rest of the day will bring. Kathy is getting Blaise at some point in the afternoon and will keep him thru Monday since there is no school.

Oh...had another go around with State Farm. We still haven't rec'd the money to get my car fixed. By the time we get the check next week (supposedly) and the parts get ordered, and the car fixed, it'll be 6 weeks since the accident. My voice got raised a little over normal. I told her that we were blessed to have a 3rd car, but if I was renting a car and had to pay the 20%, they would have been hearing from me every day. This is ridiculous. Of course they apologize all over the place, but that doesn't get the check here. I'm rather PO'd. I talked to my local agent, and this past week while her husband and 3 other family members were out with their motor home, it caught fire. They only got out with their clothes on their backs. They didn't even have time to grab their glasses, cell phns, or anything. It was completely destroyed, the trailer they were hauling behind them got damaged too. I said good luck in getting that all covered. She said she had to file 3 claims...the motor home, the trailer, and homeowners for the contents. I'm not made at our local agent. They are wonderful. It's corporate that I'm ticked at.

Well, time to load the car and get some breakfast. Have a wonderful day. Good job Karlinann!!!!!

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh cookie, we hate State Farm! Nuff said on that subject....

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      I have State Farm and so far, so good. they were great when I had roof damage.
      WhenI am ot doing daycare I will find someone cheaper, but my daycare rider is on my homeowners and they are almost impossible to et anymore.

Good morning...good cold morning! 36* this morning and had to turn on the heat. I got up early because i was cold and we old people feel the cold. My knee was throbbing...not my shoulder but my knee. Who needs another aching joint? Will need to dig out another blanket. Who would have thought we would go from 90 to pass another blanket in a week? Heard up north they are having a blizzard which goes to show things could be a lot worse around here than a little fall cold!

Sierra was also a no show last night so I froze the spaghetti sauce for another time and Jon says the next time he see the neighbor out he will ask him to hold this shelf. He has the studs marked so it is just a matter of a strong person holding up...a two minute job! Now think about this...a two minute job requiring the muscle of the neighbor is a big deal to the housecleaner, right? We have to make sure the house is picked up and clean, dishes hidden, bathroom cleaned in case (gasp) he asks to use it!, and to make sure this place smells like a home and not a kennel. I need an hour warning for a two minute job!!

Oh Karlinann, what a nice offer. I have always admired people with a talent. They make it all look so easy. Have fun!! Glad you are feeling better.

Well looks like we are all up and moving so I will see you later. Cards lost last night but both my teams play today. Another day!

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, I hear ya! Add to all you said, I have to round up my Chihuahua and put her in the office before anyone can tlak in the house...I am a rotten pet owner, at least for her. the other dog calms and quiets right down.

Good morning! I am freezing..I shall find more covers. I not a lot of plans for my weekend.

Comment

It was a little chilly here, too, so the heat is on. We probably should just keep it on and set at some livable temperature so we don't wake up so chilly. But I like sleeping under blankets or down comforters so we need it set lower at night.

Laundry is going. I did not do any yesterday after the power came back. We did shop out of town at the Walmart in Anderson. I am not sure we needed to go all the way up there but we had more to choose from in the clothes dept and that made up for not finding the things I thought I wanted in the deli dept.
      I bought some tops and jeans and pajamas and called it a good day.

Today is a busy day. the one thing I am not happy about is the Macy's pants that came yesterday for Becky with that Security plastic thing Still attached!!! Ugh. And of course, she is really busy today with a paper so I will be going to Macy's. I told her she has to call and tell them so when that dang thing makes the door alarm go off, they will be expecting me! I have all the paperwork stapled together of her order and confirmation, but seriously???
      One itme I bought a skirt in WA and did not see the plastic thing and it did not make any alarm go off. It was a wrinkly material and not until I went to wear it did I see that thing at the bottom near the hem.. After watching videos onYOuTube and asking on Facebook, I decided to do it the easy way: cut it out and sew up the hole. So much material in that crinkly skirt and n o one ever knew.

I totally forgot I had a nail appointment last night. Thank Heaven I got a call asking if Icould come in a little later! I just texted How much later? and she replied 5:30, so I was able to get over there and not let on I had not written down the appointment. Of course, with the crazy power outage everything was just mixed up in my mind, so I had not been looking at my daycare daily calendar with all that stuff written down. How long can I use the power outage as an excuse, you think?

I hope all is goingwell for you all. Spencer should be home in about three hours. HIs flight left at 6:30 am and is a nonstop to Baltimore and then 15 minutes to home. I know the boys are ready for him to be back.

Check back in later and see you then.

Comment

Working...
      X