Friday, October 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, October 11

Good morning Rounders! I saw on the news just now that there are fires in LA area. Be safe Paula.

I have Vertigo really bad and had to take a Dramamine last night and will have to take another this morning.

My B/P is down by 19 points for the Systolic. I'm glad, but there is still a way to go.

Have a great weekend. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

I am glad to see this week come to an end...it’s been a crazy odd and off week for me.

Comment

Morning. Karlinann, maybe the dizziness is from the sudden change in your blood pressure? Take care of yourself!

We are going to have a great weather change today...already reached the high temp and going to drop into the 30s. Had an inch of rain yesterday and another inch expected today before it clears. It was a nice steady rain yesterday and thunderstorms last night...heard them but never got up to investigate. We needed the rain! Looks like the furnace will be going on soon. That is like giving in to winter coming and cold weather...like to fool myself a while longer by still having the a/c switched on even through it doesn't run.

Today I need to get my spaghetti sauce on and clean up all that Andrew tracked in last night. I don't know why he thought he needed to run in and out in the rain all evening. We will be discussing the removal of shoes at doors. I may not do much through the day but that doesn't mean he needs to make work for me...ya know?

Tomorrow we are leaving early for Sikeston MO and eating at the home of the throwed rolls then going on to the Yule Cabin for our annual Christmas trek. Andrew loves Lambert's and does his Christmas shopping at the Yule Cabin. He buys ornaments for his mom and other sister and the aunt he is closet to. That is all his shopping I will pay for for that side. He and Jon will shop later for his grandpa but if he needs any other gifts that is on his mom. When Scott moved south he found the Cabin. It is an old farm house way out in the country. Every room has a theme and is full of trees and ornaments. An old shed has also been converted. Down the lane is a winery but we never stop there. Jon will drive a total of 6 hours tomorrow but it is a fun day we look forward to. Since we are meeting for lunch at 11:00 I will probably not be here in the morning...we have to be on the road by 8:00.

Sierra's yarn came in yesterday so I can start on it as soon as this one is finished. Blues won yesterday and play tomorrow night....Cardinals play tonight and again tomorrow. Going to be cold at the ballgame tonight but the rain will have stopped. I will be comfy wrapped in my fluffy robe in my warm house although I have froze at ballgames before and you can never warm up in a hockey arena! I would wear two pair of socks when we went but now am happy watching from home.

Have a great day everyone. Karlinann take care of yourself.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! Going to soak it in because there is lots of rain coming.

Yesterday was another super productive day. We got the filled cookies made and picked up. Then it was onto pies. 15 different kinds & sizes. One of my customers stopped by to let me know his wife Nancy passed away 9/1. He knew I'd email her occasionally, and wanted to let me know that she wasn't ignoring me or mad. He had a good cry. They always came together to pick up their orders. She had cancer, but died from sepsis. He ask if I had any pies made. Well I didn't, but I told him if he was willing to bake one, I'd assemble one & give him the baking directions. That's what we did. He said he still wants me to send the Christmas lists because he's still going to order.

Had to zip into town to pick up a few groceries, mainly Whole Milk for the coconut cream pies. Aldi's had their bags of sugar for $.94 each!!!! I picked up 100lbs, and plan to do that again this weekend. Need to stock up!!!! Pain to load & unload though. Roasted a turkey breast for dinner. Made boxed stuffing, m potatoes, and corn....YUM! I needed more meat for Sunday's meal our church will be serving at the homeless shelter. Tomorrow we prep the meal. Making creamy chicken/turkey, and we'll also be making fresh applesauce tomorrow. The rest will get prepared and warmed on Sunday up there. Ginger wasn't very happy with the menu since there were too many carbs, but she doesn't scare me & I told her that's how we serve it at home. She backed down.

This morning I've been boxing up and organizing all the pie & cookie orders. The last place I'm delivering is one of my restaurants. I called me Mom and ask if she'd like to go to lunch there, so that's what we are doing. I told her I had an extra assorted filled cookies. She said that sounded good, but pie did too. Well I'm donating a large pie to the church that ordered a bunch of cookies & pies from me for tomorrow's craft show. I took one slice out of it for my Mom and giving them the rest.

Blaise isn't going to Kathy's until tomorrow afternoon sometime. Who knows what we might do. I've have no orders to fill until next Wednesday. It feels good. I want to FINALLY ice the rest of the sugar cookies.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Your meal sounds great to me. I have a turkey breast in the freezer that needs to be cooked. I will throw it in the cock pot and cook it all night then reheat it in gravy for supper. Maybe next week now that the weather is changing.

Jon just called and that bf is not coming with Sierra tonight. We only invited them so he could help hang a heavy shelf/coat rack. Guess Sierra, Andrew and I will wrestle it while Jon screws it into the wall. Darn thing is heavy and will need two screws in each stud. Cannot count on him for anything and I will not send left overs unless she specifically ask. Most girls look for a rising star but mine picked an anchor. At least I do not have to look at him over the table. See, I saw the bright side!

Gotta say I warmed myself up! I need a shower and to start my day. Have a good one.....

Comment

Karli hope the dizzies go away!

Comment

Oh, my gosh! so good to have power and my computer and all the rest of the things I take for granted. Big take away from ths is I am not as prepared as I thought I was for emergencies. the best thing was I had my tank full of gas and could charge my phone. but my AT&T service was not the best...this morning I woke to messages that my mom's power and two other older friends were all restored last night. I was worried they were still needing helicopter flyovers to check lines and would have to wait until daylight. Our friends' who own the helicopter service and the two who work for them are some of the few who made money off all this. so many businesses where not able to be open and lots of revenue has been lost.

On Tuesday (the day before the outage) I had m6y heating guy come by and check the heating system. Everything was good and this morning we turned on the heat. So nice. It was a low of 45 but going up to 80. Yesterday I was layered up and then in the afternoon had to change to lighter clothes. Sitting in the car charging my phone I found I have heated seats!
              So does Aunt Maye have wonderful soft hands form the grease balls?

and tell your friend who is worried about too many carbs, the homeless do not need one healthy meal. that is for people who have a choice and have a home and what the homeless need is a Comfort meal! Something to fill them up. Oh, can you tell this gets me going?
              We start up our homeless shelter next month and my friends and I will be doing dinners again. That is one very good reason for me to continue working, although I will always want to cook for them. I can find a way to cut corners on any budget I have to live on. Just hope I really don't have to.

So, Spencer said his meetings were pushed into today and he will not be able to drive up here. I may meet up with him if he gets finished in time. So happy he had last weekend to come up.

We need to shop for food today. I lost all the good meat in my outside freezer. t is just too old and not efficient enough evenwith the extra ice I had in it. My salmon! Chicken breast, which luckily, is cheap enough not to be painful, but the salmon filets are not cheap. And the Schwan's guy won't be here for a week. But the good news is (just thought of this) Nothing blew out as the power came back on. that happened to me once and I lost the DVD player and tv in the daycare. Actually don't miss the dvd player and neither do the kids.

But in the power outage our stores lost all food in their cooled sections so no meat or dairy or even produce will be available until they are restocked. I am calling to see because I would rather shop local. they have lost a lot of revenue already.

Sunny and bright and I am so happy for not having to go to bed with the chickens. reading by candle light is not good nor is reading by flashlight. And it was surprisingly difficult to sleep by total darkness, too. I didn't realize how much I rely on onesmall lamp beingleft on in theliving room to feel comfortable.

I hope you all are feeling comfortable and especially, Karlinann, I pray that vertigo goes away.
              Donna, I will be ordering too! The apricot filled cookies sound great! And we both know I LOVE Lady Locks!
              Maxie, enjoy that dinner. I love reading about the Christmas cabin. I want to go! I will settle for a trip to my favorite shop that is getting ready for their Holiday Open house that wil start a week earlier this year: Oct 24th.

Going to get my nice warm chai and curl my hair with my curling iron! It's the small tihngs!

Comment

Working...
              X