Thursday, October 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday, October 10

Good morning Rounders! I have stuck to my Low Sodium diet since Tuesday and I am happy to report that my ankles are no longer puffy. I will stay on this diet probably for the rest of my life.

Yes, Maxie, I did get to Aldi's. I just went around the edge of the store where the produce and meat and fresh foods are located. DH went down the aisles and got a few things, but when you are not buying junk food the shopping trip goes fast.

Gas prices are down to $2.33.

Early yesterday morning my good neighbor behind us called and asked if I could plant newly purchased rosebushes for her. I was happy to do that, because she has been so good to us. She gave us almost all of the pavers that were in her yard and around her trees. They would have cost a fortune and they look really good in my garden on the Bank, around the mailbox, around the trough gardens on each side of the house, and on my new walkway. I love the way they give everything a finished look.

Today is Yard Waste pick-up, and I have a little pile this week. My can is usually running over. It's fall and the garden has been pretty much put to bed and all that is left now is to collect leaves and pile them up to rot and then when they all come down we will clean out the gutters. Hate that job, but it's a long way off yet. Actually, it shouldn't be that bad this year since we had that big Water Maple tree cut and removed. I planted around that big stump and it has almost totally covered it. The salt thing didn't work.

Peace & Plenty.

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning..might rain today and get cold tomorrow with lows into the 30s Saturday morning. Well, burr! That is cold! If it doesn't rain the guys want to go fishing so I will have something quick and easy for supper. Maybe eggs and pancakes. Last night Jon was going to take Drew out but he ask to make a fire and roast hotdogs. Just so happened I had marshmallows. Yum!

Think today I will run to walmart and pick up some household stuff. Sierra and that bf are coming for supper tomorrow and we are having spaghetti and meatballs..I have everything but garlic bread. Jon needs their help hanging a shelf so he invited them and I got stuck feeding them. And it is no cook Friday, too, since Andrew goes out to eat with his mom.

Paula does your power come back on or is it out until the wind is over? I heard a news story on the power outages in California. Seems pretty drastic and very inconvenient. With all the money PG&E has made over the years you would think they could have buried those lines or something. Maybe reinvest into your infrastructure. I don't get it...

What a nice neighbor Paula and what a nice payback from you. You had a lot of hauling to carry that many pavers.

Cardinals won yesterday and move on to now play the Nationals. Hockey tonight.

News is so disheartening. What is the world coming to...

Coffee cols so need to start over with a fresh cut. Have a good day!!

Comment

this power is OFF! I charge my phone by sitting in the car. I heard the town south of us still has power and might drive there for gas. I still have more than half a tank, but I am thinking I need to be much better prepared after this. The news app was showing power being turned off in the Bay Area. It is not fun reading by booklight and flashlight and I am way over candlelight! Bathing by candlelight is ok for mo use or commercials but one nice scent goi g through the house is one thing, I do not want to be in a bathroom with a three wick scented candle!

The sound of generators was all over the neighborhood yesterday evening. We don’t even have camping stuff and with the wind there is no way to set up the bbq.
      Maybe tomorrow we might get power back but not sure at all. So far Spencer has been able to
      meet and do business but his meetings were extended into Friday so I doubt he will be coming back up. He has a 6:30 am flight out on Saturday morning. And I have a doctor appointment for Friday am but not sure the office will be open.

Today i texted the one parent i was afraid might show up and said I will be closed. I had two yesterday but with my phone not working at times I just don’t feel good about having kids here. And not sure how the food in the refrigerator is. I should have sent my milk out but just saved the expensive meat and all the school and county jobs are closed again.

i will check back in and probably whine a bit more later. Thanks for sharing your normal day with

me!

Comment

That is not a whine but a legitimate complaint! How horrible. News report I saw showed the lines at gas stations. It does give a good reason to buy a generator.

Comment

Paula, that has got to be a strain on your nerves. I feel sorry for you. Keeping a good thought for you.
          "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Good morning...I had planned to go on the bus this morning..I could still go the next hour but need to call my friends to see if they need want donuts. If not I will stay in my nice cozy bed with my coriander kitty.

Comment

• maxie
              maxie commented
              Editing a comment
              It is raining across the river Beth so I vote for staying in your nice cozy bed!

Good Afternoon! It's a sunny gorgeous day here, but we are to get Maxie's rain & cool temps starting Saturday. Yesterday was a super productive day. Baked off all but one kind of cookie dough, and got them all iced. Blaise ask to watch The Greatest Showman. Love that movie. This morning I packed up the cookies and got the fillings made for the 7 pies ordered for tomorrow. Sue arrived and we got busy. Made 7 doz filled cookies. Apricot & Raisin. Now I'm baking of the brownie cups and they'll become salted caramel brownie cups. Very popular. Then it's onto pies. But before I do that, I need to pop over to Aunt J's to drop off the 4 boxes of grease(s) for her to make into 1 Cup balls. Then a quick trip into Aldi's to pick up whole milk and some veggies. I'm using the milk for the two coconut cream pies I have to make for tomorrow's order. I'm hoping to get all this done & then settle down to finish icing my fall sugar cookies that I said I was going to do last weekend. People have the nerve to keep interrupting me with orders. LOL! Oh...my cell phn announces who is texting or calling me. Well about 5pm it said Mel's Place was texting me. I said to Blaise, "You want to bet she wants another Pumpkin Pie?" Because when I delivered the pies around 1130am, 3 slices were immediately claimed by customers. She ask how soon she could have another one when she text. She got it by 615...I'm good. It was piping hot though, so they probably couldn't serve any for an hour or so. People are in the mood for pumpkin Time to get back to work. Paula....you would think they could do rolling black outs so you have power for a bit each day. Guess I don't understand all the technical stuff. I wondered if you'd have the kids or not. KA...don't over do it. Maxie...I'd say no cooking for the weekend then! Yea, you'll show them. LOL!.

Comment

Working...
            X