Tuesday, October 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, October 8

Good morning Rounders. I am happy to report we got rain, both yesterday and Sunday night. It was so dry here that I'm sure it didn't seep into the ground very much. Maybe we will get more this week. Every drop helps. Can you say DRY!

I have a Pain Management appointment today. I will discuss with my doctor the Sciatica and back pain issues. That mean ol' Sciatica has been hurting a little every day. It's not severe, but it's a reminder for me that something is not quite right, well besides the fact that I'm getting old. LOL!

Today when I get home I may clean our dirty house some. Maybe! I have already cleaned the fans, changed the air filter, caught up all the laundry, and cleaned the floors. Now to get some inspiration to tackle those bathrooms. Where are you inspiration?

Last night we had Vegetable Beef Soup and Crusty Bread for dinner. Yum! Tonight is TexMex.

Stay safe and Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning! It's been dreary, wet, and chilly the last couple of days, and I'm ready for today's sunshine.

Yesterday a miracle happened....I cleaned! I didn't actually clean, but organize. The dirt is still there, but I'll get to it. It just feels so good to go into a room and it not be cluttered with stuff that doesn't belong there. Every room but the bathroom was touched somehow. I switched out the pie season stuff and started putting cookie season stuff on the shelves. I worked my big hinny semi off. It felt good. Got an order for 8 different kinds of cookies for Friday. Fortunately they are the easy kinds. Only 1 or 2 doz each. So much for a week off. I'm blessed & need to remember that.

I watched a few episodes of recorded shows. Blaise is back. Kathy didn't end up taking him to school. By the time she would have got him there, he would only have an hour or so left of the day. Whatever. Not the end of the world.

This morning I'm heading into town as soon as Blaise gets on the bus. Banking & some groceries. Then home to make & bake. That's my day.

Sorry to hear you are hurting Karliann. Hope the doctor can help you. How are you feeling today Bethina? Jane...are you going to order that t-shirt? It's so you! See....I've got your ticket!

Have a good one all!

Comment

I don’t feel like something ran me over. The Chiropractor helped..the shot helped and sudifed and Benadryl helped. Also cuddles from cori. The urgent care doctor says a bad case of allergies.

Work then cleaning my nasty kitchen. Then rest are my plans for today.

Comment

Morning...we have not had rain but the weather is absolutely beautiful. Cool nights and sunny pleasant days..we need rain desperately but not for a couple of days. Can you believe how much I complained about all the rain and now am complaining we need it! I know, never happy!

Both my teams won yesterday. Yay! Cards play again Wednesday and then one team will move on. Blues won't play again until Thursday. No Andrew today so do not have to cook. Again, yay! Beth hope you are feeling better. Yesterday I stopped at the pharmacy and picked up my decongestants and allergy pills. Just remembered I forgot Advil for my shoulder. Yesterday Jon let Andrew do the grilling so he could not leave the kid alone and that left me being the gopher...in and out and then I ate supper with a drippy nose. Allergies stink!

No Donna I did not order that shirt although it was me. It takes so long for them to ship the season would be over. I ordered a shirt for my sister for her birthday and I ordered it early since her bday is in December and it took a month to get there...evidently they do not print them until they are ordered..in CHINA! I am going to clean out my tee shirt drawers and look for my One Nation shirt. It is the Blues and the Cardinals intertwined on the front. I can 't find it!

Karlinann sorry you are still suffering with your sciatica. I hate complaining about my aches when you know some people are in real pain. Hope
        pain management is helping.

Sierra is coming by tomorrow with her insurance money and if my mattress is delivered at a decent time we will do lunch and get her flu shot. I have been looking for a plain white bed cover and cannot find one. My sister sent one she had in her closet but it is a King and I doubt that will work on my full bed. I am going to put a top of the file cabinet and make it a night stand. You can make them round and then I can buy a cover for it. Need a lamp. Even ordered a valance for the window. Now need to get it put together...once the mattress is here. Maybe that will give me incentive to do the rest of the house instead of sitting and crocheting or watching sports on tv. Never thought I would be such an old lady!!

Well, peeps, I am going to have another cup of coffee. Have a good day and take care of yourselves. Be safe and healthy!!

Comment

Boy, you all are busy! It is still dark here and I am hoping to get a few things done and ready for the day. Yesterday was the worst Monday I have had in a long time. I was ready to quit half way through or at least tell one mom I can not care for her two little guys. This morning is a new day and I am ready to change my attitude and make a new plan.

Karlinann, those ceiling fans are one of my jobs that just doesn't get done often enough. And we use ours as much as you do, I bet, so you know I need to do them. And you are doing those jobs with that awful pain. Sorry and hope something can be done.

I had ordered a Ravens shirt and hoodie for Spencer and he wore the shirt while he was visiting this weekend. He said the weather has not been cold enough to wear the hoodie but it sounds like it is getting there. His set was an early birthday gift; the same one I bought for Boone, his 13 year old, was a just because gift. think I will order a college shirt and hoodie for Stuart for his birthday which is next month. Spencer's is this month, we had two in Nov and then Becky a week before Christmas...so it is definitely a gift giving time if I can think up good gifts. Money always is good with my kids.

We had alerts form our power company they will be shutting off power as the winds start up in the next few days! Like maybe for 5 days!? Too little, too late...they are doing this now because they were found at fault for the fires last year. Then when the winds die down befoe they turn power back on they have helicopters fly over All the lines to make sure there was no damage...I swear, I think they are punishing us for their liability.

Ok, I am off to curl my hair and turn on lights in the daycare. Wish me luck on the toddler tantrums and noise and praing our power stays on.
          Hope you all have a good day and feel better than you have been and stay that way!

Comment

Working...
          X